NEW MEMBERS (CLOSED)....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along time ago we had a camera attached to our computer so I'd log intoit right away. The program could also make it into a GIF format (onesthat move), so I converted it and cut out the rest. I know how to makeGIFs, so I made her look like she will never stoprunning!

Hi! I am new to this site and I am also new torabbits. I have male rabbit named Oreo, who is 7 weeks old. I have hadhim for only one week. I am not sure what kind of rabbit he is. I willsend a picture in soon. I will constantly be asking for help here andwill always try to give help when needed. Oh, and, I love this site!!!:D

Hi! I am new to this site and I am also new torabbits. I have male rabbit named Oreo, who is 7 weeks old. I have hadhim for only one week. I am not sure what kind of rabbit he is. I willsend a picture in soon. I will constantly be asking for help here andwill always try to give help when needed. Oh, and, I love this site!!!:D

I'm new. I'm from Michigan, and havethree rabbits - a Flemish Giant, Moose, and a pair of bondedmini-rexes. Oliver is a castor and Lilly is an opalrex. All are adopted, speuteredbunnies.I'm a rescue/shelter sort of person. :)

bunnies8.jpg

oliverlilly4ps.jpg

together2.jpg

lillychilladorable.jpg

olivericon.jpg

moosebest.jpg

moosepony.jpg

Wow those are really giants!!!!!! (especiallycompared to my dwarfrabbit!!) how cute they are,i'd like to reach into my pc screen andpet them!!

Ann

Hey there...new to the forum. Name's Laura, 19on sunday, and I own (in conjuction with my mother) anEnglish Angora REW Buck named Tiny, a Dutch with various nicknames, and3 New Zealands. I'd have pics but they're not up on the net yet. I usedto own a whole bunch of English Angoras until it became too hard totake care of all seven of them. Now they're happy in new homes exceptTiny (he's with me).

Thanks... LP

P.S. I think its funny how people mistake my angora for a small, hairy dog. :D

welcome to everyone.

if you need a question to be answered on bunnies this is the place to be.

or if u hav knowledge of buns but r just new 2 the site then maby help somone else out.

nicola

Good Morning! I am new to the Forum,but not to rabbits.I have had rabbits as pets andcompanions for over 30 years, and began breeding and showing FlemishGiants about 7 years ago. We have blue, black and whiteFlemish. I love my giants and could not imagine life with outthem! (My daughters breed and show Mini Rex andDutch as well. They are very active in 4-H.) I'mreally looking forward to reading posts and learning from all ofyou.

This is our Grand Champion Blue Flemish doe, StarGazer. She weighs 18.7 lbs.

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to bunnies and newto this forum. I've had Jordi (left) for about 5 months and she is 6months old (spayed).I just adopted a new bunny (Wesley) fromthe SPCA (7 months, neutered a week ago). He's cute. I'm just wonderingif anyone has advice on how to introduce them.

Here's what's been going on so far:

Wesley is caged right now and Jordi runs free. At first he would sniffJordi through the bars but mostly ignore her. She kind of growled athim a few times but it hasn't been too bad. Then we put Jordi inanother room and let Wes roam free while we cleaned his cage. After weput him back in, he went crazy! He kept jumping on top his box and backdown, thumping (a huge noise on a metal floor made by a big bunny!) andbiting at the cage bars like the gerbils. He's been pretty restlessever since. He calmed down today and he's let him out a couple oftimes. I've done a lot of reading and it says that we should introduceour bunnies in a neutral space so I will probably put them in thelaundry room together tonight to see what happens, what do you think?He's really cute though, just really messy. He's always throwing stuffaround in his cage! I hope they get along and stuff. That would make mevery happy to know Jordi has company.

Thanks!!

Steph

Hi all! I am a new member to the forum, but notso new to rabbits. I am originally from San Diego where we could keepour little critters outside, but I'm now in Buffalo, NY-things are alittle differenthere! I am the proud grandma of "Poofie". Wegot her about 2 years ago. My daughter was in a pet shop buying petfood when the owner asked her if she wanted a rabbit. He said therabbit was over a year old and nobody wanted her, so he gave her to mydaughter free of charge. My daughter thought it was a boy, and being ateenager, she named it Jonathan Davis.(from the rock group"KORN")Well, after a few days I realized that Jonathan was agirl. She very quickly became litter box trained as we also have a cat.in her efforts to use the litter box. she became VERYenthusiastic,so I change her name to "Little BunnyPoo-Flinger". Over time that shortened to "Poofie". Anyway, after abouta year of having her, she doubled in size, so I don't really think shewas a year old when we got her. I have had rabbits before, but usuallygot them form breeders, or a friend who had bred some rabbits. Poofiedoesn't seem to be a pure breed. She has one ear that stands upstraight and one that flops. She lacks that ridge on her head that lopshave, and she's really small. Because offinancalsituations as well as space confinements she is kept in a verytinyhomemadecage, but every morning before I go towork I let her out. She stays out until about 7:00PM when Ifeed her and put her back in her "room". She gets along REALLY wellwith my other animals Alex, the cocker spaniel, Max the cocker spanielmix, Diego, the cat, Mandy, the conure, Leo and Penelope thecockatiels, and Star, our wild rescuedEuropeanStarling.I am an animal activistand work with PETA, so obviously All of my critters are VERY happy withme. anyway, just wanted to say HI and introduce myself. Any thoughts ongiving a bunny a bath??? Poofie has a terrible brown stain around herbehind. I know it'sfrom her own poop and I would love to justthroe her in the tub. She's really,really tame and I don'tsee a problem, but I know that bunnies are prone tolungproblems and din't want to contribute to that. Thanks!

Peggy Ervin

Welcome Blue Giants, Steph and Peggy!

Peggy, I have never had an occassion to give a bunny abath.When I first got Wilbur from a coworker, hisfeet were very urine stained because he had never been given a litterbox. I used well wrung out wet warm towels to wipe him up andthat helped a lot.

Does she have a litter box? You may want to consider puttinga plastic grid over the box so she doesn't have to sit right in thelitter.

About cages, some of my friends use those NIC panels (Nice Idea Cubes)to create living space for their rabbits. WalMart sells themby the 4 pack but they are usually cheaper at Sam's Club andCostco. If you are really space limited, the cubes allow forcreativity and multiple levels. The good thing,youdon't have to buy all the NIC panels all at once and canspread the cost out as you create a bunny habitat.If I can find some pictures, I'll post them.

I would advise against washing the rabbit, justget little warm water and mild soap and do her bum by hand, then use ahair dryer. She will not like this. Rabbits get very distressed whenbathed. Never use a shampoo with pyretrhum in it on a rabbit, nervedamage from Bob Martens (UK brand) left our rabbit partially paralysedand we decided to have her put down.

Latest posts

Back