Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshtonCasey

Reaction score
I hope I'm doing this right...

I'm AshtonCasey and I get my name fromthe first two bunnies Iowned. They're both gone now, and I have two bunnies now, Daphne& Noah. Daphne is a Rex/Satin mix I got from a breeder to keepCasey (rex)company when I lost Ashton (unknown breed). And,Noah is a bunny I "rescued" from a guy who thought he would raiserabbits to sell (but had NO clue). I got him to keep Daphie companywhen we lost Casey. I alsogot bunny Foster(rex/satin)when I got Daphne (they werelittermates). She's gone now too. Ican't stress enough howimportant it is to finda good rabbitvet. It keepsdown on the number of bunnies one can lose to ignorance.Canyou tell I'm still a bit miffed about my bunnies I've lost? But, Idon't want to give the wrong impression that I've come tomope.I love my Daphie and Noah bunnies. The man I got Noahfrom said he was a California White, but I'm not sure. I've heard of aFlorida white? Anyone know? Anyway, I'm from Jacksonville, FL. Glad tobe a part of a bunny group again. HI!

Hi AshtonCasey! Welcome to the forum!

I agree about how important it is to find a good rabbit vet.I don't know what I would have done without mine. Have youseen our state-by-state vet listings? If you want, you canadd in vets that aren't on the list yet or put in comments about theones that are listed. That way someone else in your area canfind a rabbit vet more easily.

I've never heard of a California White. Maybe he meant across between a Californian and a New Zealand White? I'veheard that's a common cross for meat rabbits, which means Noah is onelucky bun to have you!How much does heweigh? Florida Whites are somewhat smaller and and lesscommon, while New Zealands are often 10 lbs+ and aremorecommon.

Hope to hear more about your buns!

ok I obviously didn't do this right.. I wasunder the topic of new members and clicked "new topic" which was theonly way I could see to start a new post. What did I do wrong?

well let's see... he's about 9 mthsold and already bigger than Daphne who is 3yrs.. he's rather rowdy so Idon't handle him much.. he doesn't like it.. but I'd say he's about8lbs already.. the other rabbits this guy had were pretty big.. tallmore so than wide.. where as Daphne and Casey (who I've had thelongest) are/were more stocky...I'll have to research his features abit because I don't think the guy knew a thing about rabbits.. when Iwent to look at them and said I want to see that one.. he reached inand snatched him up by the ears... I bit my tongue and nicely told himthe proper way to lift a rabbit.. he seemed receptive.. hope helistened.. Noah bunny is white with some blue markings and blue/grayeyes.. handsome little man.. thanks for saying hi!

Latest posts

Back