new member with a new bunny for indiana

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momto1

Reaction score
Hi I am a new bunny mommy. Me and my husband just got a little mini lop yesterday. While I think he's a little young, if what the breeder says about his age is true, I'm not sure if he's the age the breeder said.

He is fairly sweet right now and seems to be adjusting ok. He's loving his hay, and drinking out of his water bottle, I think he's eating his pellets but I keep an ampul supply of hay out for him.

and I just noticed I already started spelling things wrong as well (if you caught the title):biggrin:!

Hello :wave:& Welcome to RO. Congrats on your new bunny :)

Would love to see pic's of your new lop. :biggrin2:

Enjoy the forum, .....April

I'd love pictures too! Can you tell him to sit still for 2 seconds so I can take one :)?

He's white with black spots, still doesn't have a name. Our kids want to name him Alec after the rabbit in their favorite book right now (Presto), I want to name him Monty, and my husband wants to name him Thumper. So we'll have to think of a name that everyone will agree on.

Welcome to RO and the wonderful world of being somebunnies slave! ;)

Is that him in your avatar? I'm guessing so, he's adorable! It's great he has plenty of hay available, that's very important. At this young age making sure he is eating plenty of pellets is also important, so keep an eye on that. It may help to make the pellets into smaller pieces. I have to do it when I got Dewey, who was a tiny thing. So naturally he had an equally small mouth. I put some pellets in the blender and set it on very low, just to chop the pellets smaller. It helped greatly and is something to consider if he's have difficulty.

Hope to see some pictures of your new bun soon!

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline, its always nice to see another hoosier on the forum. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

He looks like a real cutie.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

You don't have to say what city your in but if you could update your profile with an area ofyour in, may be likeNorth westIndiana etc, that would help others provide you with info that may help you and your bunny.

If you would like to post pictures in your post this link How to put photo's in your posts will help explain that.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures of your bun and stories about him.

Dave

Actually, Elkharts about an hour from us.

I am happy to have found this place as I thought I knew enough but apparently I didn't.

Latest posts

Back