New Member, New Bunny Person

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aBreeze

Reaction score
Hi, I figured the polite thing to do would be to introduce myself and my boy.

I had a couple rabbits as a kid that were kept in a hutch behind our chicken coop. They were supposed to be two females, but we found out the hard way that that wasnt the case by finding a litter of frozen babies. My parents gave one of the bunnys away, and the other ended up living in our chicken coop (heated) and their massive run. My parents bought a hobby farm when I was 12, and I don't know what happened to the little guy. That was the extent of my bunny experience until I was 20 years old and working at a horse farm. The owner had two bunny's kept in hutches along the barn. I was expected to feed/clean. It just seemed like such a wrong way to live. Then the owner bred the two bunny's, and the female died while giving birth. It was tragic.

For the past year Iv been thinking about getting a bunny for myself. Maybe partially, deep down trying to make up for the past situations that I had been involved in.

To wind my story down I was at a pigeon swap in early March and came across the cutest bunny's for sale. I dont like to support loose breeding but I lost my head over a little black furball.

They tell me he's a lionhead, and from what Iv been able to find online I would say they're correct. He was 10 weeks old when I got him and you couldn't tell one end from the other. Since then his face has developed and he wears what they call a saddle.

I've completely fallen for the little man called Joseph.

Im sure to be asking lots of questions, I have lots to learn from everyone on here!

This photo's aged, but its the best I have at this time... Im on horse forums and I know the repercussions that can happen when you dont post a photo. :wink
joseph.jpg

Hello and welcome!

Joseph is a very precious bunny. I'm so sorry to hear about your past experiences with rabbits.

All of your questions are welcome, of course! Just remember to check out the stickies and do searches, it's possible your question has been answered before. :)

Enjoy your stay!

Woooo Hooo another Lionhead :) LIONHEADS RULE!!!

Welcome, we are so happy to have you and to meet your lil Joseph, he is sooo adorable.

I have 2 Lionheads and a Flemish Giant

Can't wait to see more pictures ♥

Hey Harvery and Joseph look like brothers. LOL

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back