New Mamma of 2 Black Bunns Blue & Pixie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I am new to this so forgive me If I dont post this correctly.
About 3 months ago I decided I really wanted to adopt bunny and I wanted to learn everything possible before making a decision to bring one home. I found a local Bunny Barn that had a large array of bunnies to adopt that all had been spayed or neutered and vaccinated different ages colors sizes and breeds. I immediately was drawn to a pair of black bunnies that were cuddled up close together and I knew adopting was 2 was better then 1 for multiple reasons. The wonderful lady who runs the bunny bard explained to me that they were 7 month old brother and sister that had been in 4 different foster homes and no one had been interested in adopting them because they were all black. So sad. I fell in love with them and how much they loved each other. They had very little human contact since they had been in foster care since they were born, there parents were semi feral. I knew I could provide them a great loving home. I have now had my babies Blue and Pixie for 2 months. They are Free Roam in my bachelor apartment and I manged to litter train them witch they are amazingly consistent with . They are still very shy, all though they are comfortable around me and will eat treats from my hand and lay on the floor beside me, play and binky and run around in front of me, though still I am not able to pick them up or have them let me pet them. I have basically been trying to let everything happen on there own terms. I do hope one day they will love me as much as I love them. Im committed to them, I feel with time they will only improve as they were completely different bunnies 2 months ago when they were in a xpen not litter trained and not comfortable around people. Since they have gotten into a consistent routine and have been around me in close quarters they have came out of there shell so much its been so rewarding . I cant wait for that day when they jump on my bed or let me give them head rubs I have faith that day will come sooner then later .

If any one has any idea what breed my babies are please let me know

Love to all the bunnies out there

Attachments

• blue and pixie.jpg
    blue and pixie.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum! Glad you were able to give such beautiful bunnies a loving home! I'll get back to you about what breed I think they are.

Some questions to help with their breed. Do they have any color other than black on them, how much do they weigh, and how long is their fur?
I'm glad you love them! Theo, my rabbit, is also a prankster! Friday I forgot to give him his veggies and he took revenge by destroying a toy! Rabbits love revenge, and we love them!

Such amazing creatures! and they are both all basically black but there paws are grey ish and when they shed the fur is grey with black tips. Blue the male has very small spec of white on his back like a couple hairs. and they don't have long hair or short but they are fuzzy forsure

Ok, this is going to be harder than I thought. Would you say they are large, medium, or small rabbits? They might have some Satin or Rex in them, but I don't know. You should ask "What breeds are my rabbits?" in general rabbit discussion. That way the rabbit experts can tell you what they think!

Black bunnies forever :D
I wanted to adopt a black bunny, but when I saw a picture of Theo I knew he was for me! I'm hoping my next rabbit will be black, but it doesn't matter as long as I have that instant connection.

awwe Theo is a very cute boy ❤️ and good idea i will do that forsure! and they are definitely on the smaller side Blue is slightly larger then Pixie lol thats how i can tell them apart along with their personalities . I dont think either of them weigh more then 5 pounds at most, Im not sure if they will grow bigger. There 1st Birthday is April 14th

Back