New Lop, but not sure what breed exactly....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-Family-O

Reaction score
I might be getting another Lop, but I'm not what kind of Lop s/he is. I'm actually waiting on the person to get back to me with any info they may have.

But, You're all so wonderful, I was hoping maybe one of you could tell me?

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

Cute as a bug in a rug so that's not an issue, I was just curious. I kinda hope she gets back to me today so I know what's going on. But I'm not going to get my hopes up, just in case.

Thank you so much!!!

P.S. This is the email she sent me in response to an ad I put up on craigslist:
"Hello, I don't have an english lop but I very recently came into possession of a rabbit quite by accident. I've never owned a rabbit before and don't believe I can give it the care it needs. If you are at all interested in taking in this poor thing please let me know! my email is [email protected] Thank you and have a wonderful day!"

At least she is being honest about it.

:bunnydance::bunnydance: THIS WEEKEND! :biggrin::biggrin: I'm SO excited!

Email I just got from her:
"I really don't know much. A neighbor tried to release it into the wild and I rescued it from my parking lot on Saturday. I have no idea if it's a boy or a girl, if it's had it's shots or anything. I do have a cage, water bottle, hay rack, food dish and the food I bought which it seems okay with, though it's only day two. I'm working all this week so I won't be able to make it up to you, but this weekend and next monday and tuesday I'm off so whichever day is better for you please let me know. Thank you so much for taking it! I'm very relieved to know s/he is going to a good home!"

Now I can't wait to meet him/her!!! YAY! I'm so happy!!!

Pretty bunny! Looks like a Mini Lop to me. Its face isn't flat enough to be a Holland. But I'm no expert. The color is tortoiseshell.

Hmmm, I've been trying to figure it out.

My other Lop, Zoe is suppose to be a mini lop, but I thought he looks more like a Holland.

I've been trying to look at Lop pictures all day. But, I'm still confuddled.

Thank you though!!!! :) I think the coloring is beautiful! Thank you for telling me what it's called :)

I'm going to guess Holland based on the color - I haven't seen a black tort mini lop before, but the color is extremely common in Hollands. He has a pet quality elongated face that makes him look a bit like a mini lop. Do you know how much he weighs?

No, I won't won't know anything til this weekend. The lady actually doesn't even know much about the poor guy. From her emails, a neighbor let him loose and she caught him and found me through an ad I posted.

And honestly, I'm calling the rabbit a him and I'm not even sure it is! Poor little fella...

Now I'm just confused (not hard to do by the way lol)

This is my other Lop, Zoe. I was told he was a mini....?
pictures223.jpg

pamnock wrote:
Probably a Holland Lop that does not have good show type - but has good pet type :biggrin2:

Hehehehehehe. S/he is awfully cute though, i cant wait!!! Counting down the days!

Latest posts

Back