New litter of Mini Lops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kangol1365

Reaction score
Well I'm very happy to say my very first ever litter of bunnies has arrived! These were born yesterday morning. Went to check first thing as she wasn't due till Thursday and no babies, came back in the afternoon and nearly squealed in excitement to see fur and wriggling stuff at the bottom lol.

Mum is a Harlequin Mini Lop and Dad is a fawn and white butterfly. I think mum may be a dwarf lop rather than a mini as she is a bit bigger than some ofmy other mini lop girls.. I'll weigh her once shes done raising this litter and see what weight group she falls into :)

1467560.jpg

5 babies in total, 2 solids and 3 'pinks'. one of the pink babies is half the size of all the others though (peanut or runt?) fingers crossed it makes it. This wil be the mums 3rd litter, she averages 5.

Will post updated pics as they grow!! xx

Mini lops are not dwarfs, so they can't have peanuts. So you are correct to think runt, but not peanut.

The three "pinks" have black spots, so they will be brokens. :D Nice looking litter you have there.

The member is from the UK, in the UK and Ireland, Mini Lops are what the Americans call Holland Lops, and the American Mini Lops are what we call Dwarf Lops.

Thanks all. The brokens are starting to get their fur through now, looking like they will be white with fawn and black markings :)
And sorry for the confusion I always forget to say I'm from the land of Rain!!

Just thought I'd update this post and post updated pics of the litter - I'm finding it amazing how quickly they are growing and their fur is coming through really well now: (can you tell this is my first bunny litter lol) Unfortunately we lost the peanut but to be honest I was expecting that. It was so small compared to the other 4 :(

6442577.jpg

I think I've got the colours right too - 1 Black (far right, white inside ears), one Brown Agouti (Also has white inside ears), one black and white broken, and one blue and white broken. The blue looks black in the picture but it has much lighter colouring than the black broken. Can the black and agouti be anything else apart from selfs? They both have white inside ears and thier bellies/fronts are also white. I was thinking maybe Otter but I'm not sure. Their parents are a fawn and white butterfly and a harlequin. Not sure of previous parentage, maybe they are both carriers? :D

If they have white inside the ears they are definitely not selfs. The black will most likely be a black otter.
There is no such thing as a "brown agouti", it is called Chestnut. I am not exactly sure that that is what your baby is, it is hard to tell from the picture. They are all very cute though! Can't wait to see more pictures when the get older :)

I've taken some better pictures of the babies as they are growing, and to hopefully help ID their colours correctly!! Sorry for the confusion of agouti, its the guinea pig colour jumping in there lol.

Ok first off is the black and white broken:
16072010258.jpg

And the blue and whitebroken:
16072010259.jpg

Black Otter (Not sure?! I thought it was when its ears and belly started going white):
16072010262.jpg
16072010263.jpg

Chestnut Otter?? Is the colour chestnut the same term used in the UK??
16072010264.jpg

16072010265.jpg

16072010266.jpg

Thanks for all your help! I'll continue to post pics as they get older :) Can't believe how much they have changed in under a week. Wriggly little so-n-sos though and jumpy lol.

What describes a chestnut in the UK?
The chestnut color is an agouti. unless that is just what you call it in the UK. It is so intersting learning about all of the different names that we have for rabbits and their colors. :)
And your other baby is an otter.
Your brokens are very cute too :)

hehe thanks for your help :D The brokens are starting to get colour on their faces now, definately not showable but still very cute :) I am really hoping the black otter is going to turn out to be a doe - it will be staying here with me if it is!
Yes I think chestnut is called Agouti here in the UK. I've not seen any bunnies being advertised as Chestnut, its always agouti or variants of it. The black otter seems to have some white ticking through patches on its coat, is that normal for otter? I'm still learning all the colours and genetics for rabbits, I find it a little strange to get two otters out of a harlequin and a butterfly! Must be some otters somewhere in the generations previous.

Yes that it interesting! Rabbit genetics are so funny. I have a black otter doe who is producing shaded babies, and the only shaded she has is 5 generations back.
You have a black otter and an agouti. Best of luck with your babies :)

Latest posts

Back