New Litter did not make it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMALL S RABBITRY

Reaction score
Well yesterday my Opal Doe Sandy started pulling hair yesterday after lunch and this morning when I got up I went and checked on her and she had 1 kit and it was dead :(and had been eaten on she is still in the nest box but there is no more babies could she still be giving birth and today I have a chocolate doe Brownie is due today so i an keeping my fingures crossed that they make it.........Toby

Just went out and checked on her again and she had 3 more kits and one was dead :( and the other 2 are plunp and round feeling so I think that they are doing ok :). 1 of them looks like a LYNX and the other 1 looks like a REW.... Toby

How much time passed from the 1st kit to the last 3?? My doe gave birth to one that died , but I'm 100% positive that she had at least 4 when I palpated her. I'm extremely worried(especially since I'm not physically there) since I've heard it's not safe for them to have kits that far apart in time

My first timer doe had complications with her litter last week, she had 4 DOA kits 2 one day and the other 2 the next day, she ate half of one, and she had trouble pushing 2 out.

SNM wrote:
How much time passed from the 1st kit to the last 3?? My doe gave birth to one that died , but I'm 100% positive that she had at least 4 when I palpated her. I'm extremely worried(especially since I'm not physically there) since I've heard it's not safe for them to have kits that far apart in time
Ifound the first kit about 8am and the other 3 about 1230pm so it was about 4 to 5 hours between them. And this is the does 5th or 6th litter in her life by what the breeder told me when I bought her from.......Toby

SMALL S RABBITRY wrote:
AndersonsRabbits wrote:
I'm glad you have 2 atleast =) Can't wait to see some baby pictures!

Good luck with your other doe too
Thanks and from know till the first part of January I have 5 more does due.......

I will have 7 due. 6 of those are first time moms and thats a bit stressing. I'm not exactly excited. Just more on the negative side and afraid of loosing them. One of those is a fuzzy lop. And then my Japanese Harlie will be fine. It's been a while since she's had a litter, but I'm confident there. I am afraid though after she has the litter, that she will rip my hand off checking on babies lol. She's not really agressive but her attitude is completely different then all my other does.

She had 2 lives ones later in the night. I'm still waiting on one more. I find it odd that she did not make a nest. I talked to her past owner and she's had 2 other litters before this and made nest, the only problem was that the kits were all peanuts due to line breeding. Technically this is her firsty litter. First time I've ever had a problem with a first time mother. Good luck with the rest of your does.

Here is a couple pics of the kits 2 days after they where born and sorry for such bad pics..........Toby

SANDYUXXTOSNIFFLESJR32.jpg

SANDYSLITTER.jpg

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
you had luck with your other does? When I got the subscription notice in my email that was my first thought lol.

very cute kits =)
the choc doe did have any again and the others are due from 4 day to a month..............

Back