New Lionhead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grfan

Sir Walter's Mom
Reaction score
Hi Just introducing myself. Have gotten a 6 month old lionhead rabbit and have not had a rabbit in over 14 years. Last one was a Dwarf Netherland and he lived to be almost 10. love my new lionhead but sure could use tips on getting him used to me. -Vicki

welcome to RO!

one of the best things you can do is sit beside his cage and talk to him, or let him out in a playpen or small room (like a bathroom) with you... don't try to pet him or hold him, just let him explore around you as you chat with him or even just read a book and ignore him while he gets used to your presence :)

I like sitting on the floor with our fuzzy brats. Finn likes to lick and do a whole lot of binkies and running around. Serena likes to lay on you while you get to pet her. Time and patience and a little bribery helps to.

Welcome to the forum, neighbor!

Did you get your boy from a rescue? (was wondering because of the age) Maybe yours came from the same place I got one of mine.

Lots of good info available on this forum. Enjoy browsing around the topics.

Welcome to the Forum! I have a lionhead (mix) too! Good choice ;)

We'd love to see pics of your baby when you figure out how to upload them!

Welcome! I have a lionhead as well, and I love her! I find that sitting on the ground with your bunny playing around you, talking to the rabbit, and letting the rabbit approach you and climb on you is a good way to bond :)

Thank you everyone for the tips! I had Walter out with me in the bathroom and just let him take his time to come to me, so in about a half hour, he did come up 3 times, and all three times bumped me with his nose. He is getting less skitish when I walk around his cage as well. He is so funny though, he must have his water crock in a certain spot and if I don't put it back just so, he moves it.

Thank you everyone for the tips! I had Walter out with me in the bathroom and just let him take his time to come to me, so in about a half hour, he did come up 3 times, and all three times bumped me with his nose. He is getting less skitish when I walk around his cage as well. He is so funny though, he must have his water crock in a certain spot and if I don't put it back just so, he moves it.

They are creatures of habit and like to have their stuff where they want it. Nikki will spend an hour arranging the shredded newspaper in a pan when I put in clean stuff.

Back