New lionhead not eatting hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I seem nosey or whatever but when I see something I can correct I have to correct it, especially where an animals welfare is involved. :)

irishbunny wrote:
Sorry if I seem nosey or whatever but when I see something I can correct I have to correct it, especially where an animals welfare is involved. :)
It's grand you don't come across nosey to me. Your only doing what you believe is right. Witch is good for you but everyone is differant.

By the way there is an Irish supplier that delivers Excel Forage and Excel herbage. One is a dried grass hay and the other timothy hay with herbs. It's a bit bitty for my liking but the rabbits love it. It's Brenda's pet supplies or something like it. Try and google it

Just for the record- I do keep does from the same litter together until I breed them (sometimes up to 9 months)and I've never had a problem. I've also had babies "escape" into the bucks pens (don't ask how cuz I still can't figure it out) and the buck (my stud) was really enjoying it to tell the truth. I guess my buns are just plain strange.

I have also kept does together that are not spayed up until breeding time. Prior to breeding, I kept two does together for years. If they are started together, they usually continue to get along.

I had a mini lop that I got from a breeder who was the last to leave her mother. When I brought her home she was very despondent. I actually "tried out" other does that were young until she found a Holland that she bonded with. Clover and Blue now reside in seperate cages as Clover has had little ones, but they still sniffle each other through the pens and are very personable. They don't seem to notice the size difference and truly act as sisters.

I have two sucessfully bonded pairs of girls: Mother/daughter (spayed/intact) and two girls (3months/6months, both unspayed. It seems to be working fine. They squabble occasionally but sort it out between themselves

Sabine wrote:
I have two sucessfully bonded pairs of girls: Mother/daughter (spayed/intact) and two girls (3months/6months, both unspayed. It seems to be working fine. They squabble occasionally but sort it out between themselves
I'll prob try and bond her to a female in january next year. In like two weeks that's sukura I mean.

Latest posts

Back