New home and Ziggy hates it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
We moved this weekend to a new place and he is now in the kitchen since that is the only place we could find room for his cage. I took carpet pieces and lined a path to the living room where we are but he will not come outta his cage on his own. I have to pick him up and carry him to the living room to get exercise. When I did have him out he kept biting me when he's never bit before. I know he needs to adjust but biting my foot everytime he sees it is getting old lol. Anything else I can do to help him get used to this place and stop biting me lol

Hi Lynn, like you said he has to get use to the new place. Geez my poor babies were moved from their own bedroom/my bedroom to cages in the basement while we sold the house.

Now that I have moved to an apartment (on my own divorce will do that) they had another change. It took them a while but they have all settled in quite nicely. I moved December 4th, 2010. Daisy Mae tends to box me when I go into her cage to clean it.

If I were you I'd open his cage door and let him come out on his own. Maybe put a couple of treats in your living room so he comes out to get them.

Wear long pants/jeans and heavy socks so his bites don't hurt. I guess I'm lucky, my Beautiful Buttercup comes and will lick my leg for hours if I let him. The only problem is I tend to be slightly allergic to his licks if he does it for too long. But it's so sweet I can't stop him:inlove:.

Good Luck

Susan:)

Back