New here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBabyboo

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need advice on my bunny, Binoo, cage. He is currently in a store bought cage thats close to 5ft long 2ft wide(not exact measurements but this things almost as tall as me and I'm 5'3) But Binoo doesn't really like to jump and he doesn't really get the concept of ramps LOL. Hes over a year old and hes neutered. I will also be getting him a friend in the future. The few times he has tried to jump out of the cage hes gotten stuck. Hes really small but has a lot of energy. I was thinking about making him a cage but I have no clue what to use for the floor since my house has really nice hard woods that are really old. :bambiandthumper

Hello & welcome.

If your rabbit's not a chewer or digger, you can use an indoor-outdoor rug with very short nap [without loops that could catch the feet] that has a waterproof backing. A less attractive but surer choice is a plastic tarp covered with a layer of flattened cardboard boxes. I have this under Honey's xpen [excercise pen] which are about $60 & give 16 sq ft. which can be added to.

On the ramps, have you tried putting a treat up on the upper level?

Yeah I tried that and he tries to get it but he wont jump up or use the ramp

I'm lazy so I just bought the 47" model from living world and then free range them. Many prefer the homemade NIC cages and they are both LOVELY and SPACIOUS!

I have a 4x2x4 NIC cage (measurements are in pannels so 56"x28"x56") that my 2 girls share. If your rabbit is not a jumper I would recomend the xpen. They provide lots of space, can be configured easily, do not cost much and can be added onto easily (from what I have herd, I only have 1). I have one at my parents house for my rabbits (was my dogs originally, but I stole it from my dogs they never used it). For flooring you could use coroplast that is cut to fit or plastic tarps with fleece. If you like NIC cages, then you could build one that is only 1 level. (You would link the pannels together to form a pen). It might very easily be a cheeper option than an xpen.

It sounds like a really nice cage so I think I'd try to modify it again first... I understand he doesn't get ramps...but what if they were closed in on both sides? And you put bunny on the top level with food to entice bunny up and down....

It is a very nice cage. Idk how to make it work tho. Hes in a c&c cage now but I have to leave the door open or he chews the bars of the cage making it hit off the wall chipping paint and leaving dents. That and I'm considering getting him a friend soo that store bought cage may be too small for 2 bunnies.

Latest posts

Back