New here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!
We got two bunnies in March (boy/ girl siblings). Although we got little boy neutered it seems we were wrong about when we needed to separate and now we have 6 babies.
They live outside and the plan was to have them in our big, fully fenced orchard and secure, predator proof house at night. One problem is that the little girl loves to dig and gets out almost immediately. We have had to put them in a smaller (4*12) house that we put wire under so she can't dig. I don't love the set up and am wanting to build a better house for them. We will be keeping 1-2 of the babies, so I would love to hear about outdoor houses that people love, for 4 rabbits.
Thanks

Tell me about bunny sheds.
Im a massive fan of bunny sheds, which are very common here in the UK
Can you tell me more about bunny sheds? I have a wonderful spot picked out under a massive maple tree, fully shaded in the summer, and sun when the tree looses it's leaves.

For four bunnies, i'd try to have as big a set-up as possible. Generally it's just a shed, but you need to make sure that it's weather-proof (no cracks, inslulation, windows if possible), and predator-proof (a solid flooring, a strong wiring *not chicken wire*).

ideas: Pinterest
how to: Convert a Garden Shed

You can also google 'outdoor rabbit set ups' or 'outdoor rabbit enclosure'. There are pictures of some really good set ups. One consideration you have to take into account with a shed, is the managing of summer heat issues. Not sure what your temps are like there in the summer, but if it gets hot, then rabbits shouldn't be in the shed during the heat of the day. Even with shade, if the shed isn't well ventilated it may still get too hot during the day, without an AC unit.

Only way to prevent digging out is wire mesh or something solid extending deep enough into the ground, or having pavers covering the ground to prevent digging.

Latest posts

Back