New Here - With a quick question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlivesMum

Reaction score
First I have to tell you all how excited I am tobe a member here...I've wanted a bunny for14years!! Finally, we adopted an aquaintences 4 month old Lopand brought her home today - she is a LOVE! We named her Olive (she'sall black). :)

Anyhow, she got to her new home around 11 this morning and 5 hourslater I still do not see any signs of any poop or pee in her cage... isthis normal? She's been out cuddling with us and making her way aroundour living room, checking everything out.

I was just wondering if it was normal for a bun to not have any type ofbladder/bowel movement while they are 'unsettled' in a new home?
Any advice?

Thanks!!

she has plenty of water, her regular food and treats...everything she had with her former owner

Could she possablyhave gone potty where you justhavent found it yet?, Had she been litter trained ?

she may just be nervouse overthe new home give her a bitof time, as long as sheis eatingshe should poop finebut when she is ready .

I think if she goes 12 hours without pooping orpeeing, then you should maybe start worrying. I change myrabbits litter box in the morning, then sometimes don't see anything init until later that evening...I think because they do most of theirsleeping during the day time, they are less likely to go to thebathroom. But please keep us posted on how she isdoing! And I'd like to see pics if you have them! :)

-Vanessa

I like to keep Nutri Cal for dogs and cats on hand for the times bunns go off their feed.

It could just be the excitement. Try offering a small dandelion leaf and some hay.

Let us know if things start to "move". :)

Pam

gypsy wrote:
she may just benervouse over the new home giveher a bit of time, as longas she iseating sheshould poop fine butwhen she is ready .
I think Gypsy is right......Olive is overwhelmed by her new home andthe excitement and love you are giving her. Justgive her some time and some peace and quietand Olvie will do just fine.

Oh.... Welcome to the forum! :D

Be sure to check out the Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care in this forum......

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=3005&forum_id=1

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back