new here not so new to bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally with cookie

Reaction score
heres my little cookie who has several nick names. mine commonly used for him is mr. bunbun.

this was when he was brough home at 6 weeks old. he was sooo small i was scared i would hurt him by handling him. i got over that fast.

he has since out grown that small cage which i knew he would. he was then in a dog kennel . but as you can think it was very messy with no gaurds around the cage.

P2181099.jpg

now that he no longer lives in it i regret getting rid of it. i wasnt smart at all. i never thought of plexi glass to go up to the first horizontal bar.

P7270086.jpg

he loves to scare me when he sleeping like this. see his wooden platform in his cage. that was a hutch. he jumps on it to flatten this down.

im thinking of going back to a dog kennel but havnt made any decisions. i'd like to make him a cage like some of the ones i have saw on this site. but living where i do options are limited as to whati can use. im hoping home depo will have the supplies.

Hi! Welcome to the forum :biggrin2:I love your baby's coloring, gorgeous. If you post your location in your profile it will be a lot easier for us to help you find stuff (rabbit savy vets, good pellets, cage gear ect.) Hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome to the forum :biggrin2:!

Cookie is an adorable little bunbun. He seems very spoiled as well, which is what I like to see :D.

If you need any help trying to locate some NIC panels that you see us making cages out of, let us know. We can give you a list of stores that carry them.

I know that Walmart has them on their site, but my store doesn't care them in store. I think Walmart has a thing where you can order the cubes offline, and have them sent to your local store for free....and they call you when you can come pick them up :).

he is a i dont actually know. his mother looked kinda like a wild rabbit and the father i dont know. someone decided to ditch her at a pet store and two days later she had a kit i think of 8 babies. the pet store gave her a very large enclouser in the back of the store till the babies were 4-5 weeks old then place her in the front in another larger encloser. theres only 2 rabbit breeders here but they dont have a really good name so i chose to go from a trusted pet store that is privetly owned. i was told he was a she but when checking for flea's and finding male parts he had a sex change! the staff dont normally have rabbits in this store unless unexpetced events happened like it did with cookies and the rest of his kit.

I'm going to post pics of my baby so you can see how identical they are. Seriously, we could make Nethie babies, BYB STYLE!!! Totally a joke don't worry to anyone that reads this. Fin is actually going to be spayed later this month at my work. :biggrin2::D

81007052.jpg

n31102193_32469882_3591.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Little Cookie is such a cutie! I'd recommend a NIC cage too, I haven't got one yet, but everyone says they are great, so I'm hoping to get my bunny Maddie one soon. :)

~~~~~~
~Michaela, Ebony, Pebble, Madison & Angel Bunny Berri~

Welcome to the group :biggrin2:

Awwwwwwww such a cutie! LOL @ him scaring you! I know exactly what you mean. I nearly died of a panick attack when I first saw a bunny do a "death flop" as we call it. I definitely suggect an NIC condo :biggrin2:They are quite inexpensive for the size and functionality of it. I recently made mine and it's made a huge difference for my buns. They absolutely went crazy when I put them in the first time.

ummm. the nic condo was finished all of 2 hours ago. i saw i wanted i made. lol. he's in heaven now enjoying that cage. im just worried about the floor. i used cardboard for the top layer and cable tied it down but for the bottom i used fleece. but its all experiments till i get it right.

I'm ally's twin and cookies other owner. I usually take all the pictures of him because i'm the one with a camera. Not that i get many because he moves so fast. Will try to get some of him in his new condo later though.

Welcome to RO:pink iris:

Lovely little bun you have, he looks so sweet :bow

I am slave to my 1year old BK, he is a blue minilop and is just so cuddly, there are some pics of him under my blog but it needs some work.

Nice to meet you:wave2

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
ally with cookie wrote:
im back, hopfully to post way more often,

cookie got netured and o m what a price it was. $ 200.01 canadian. O.O woozers

I was surprised at the cost when I had my french lop rudy neutered. Around $130.

Beautiful bunny!
It was $200 apiece for my two girls. That was a major blow to the wallet!

Welcome and what a cute bun! Don't you just love the NIC pen? I buy more and more of them as Baxters! world expands in my apt.

Yikes - thats quite the cost for a neutor (actually my regular vet wanted to charge $340!) Luckily here in Los Angeles they have "Animal Birth Control Center" - a low cost spay/neutor clinic that was fabulous (they had a window where you could watch your animal beoperated on- eeww, but thought that was a good sign of the place) Baxter!'s neutor cost me $65 plus 15 for his pain meds..

Back