New here - lop ear question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BunnyMama

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am so happy to have found this group! We are backyard bunny people who love Holland lots and Mini-lops. Our sweet girl, Jellybean (a lop/mini mix) and our lop, Callaway, passed away 2 years ago. Here is Jellybean getting a reading lesson from our daughter who was 7 at the time.

This weekend we decided it was time to get bunnies again! We got our newest addition, Milo (a mini-lop buck) and are already crazy about this little cutie. My question is... both our previous rabbits were older when we adopted them and both of their ears were already lopped down. Milo is just 8 weeks old but his ears aren't lopped at all. In fact, they stand up really well. The breeder we got him from said that his ears should lop eventually but that it takes a little longer when the bunnies are born in the colder temps and are outside. Is this true? Or did we just adopt the only min-lop bunny with ears that stick almost straight up? Or is he possibly not 100% mini-lop? We don't care either way... he's still as cute as can be whether his ears lay down or not. Thank you! (Pic with Gray bunny is Milo, Jellybean is the broken in the chair)20210308_115950.jpgScreenshot_20210306-194713_Messenger.jpg

I would be very surprised if that rabbits ears ever lopped. They don't show any signs of lopping to me right now.

That's exactly what I thought too. I saw both the mother and father and they both have lopped ears. So weird that he wouldn't. 🤷‍♀️

Back