New here looking at adopting a bonded pair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just saying hello and I'm sure I will have lots of questions along the way as I have never had a rabbit and I am looking at adopting a bonded pair.

I am just checking out which ones would be the best fit for me and wether to get a cage or an NIC for them, different types of food and just learning all I can for when I pick them up next month.

I have been reading through other threads and I'm sure I will get all the help I could need here.

Poke around and I'm sure you'll find all of the answers you need. I think it's awesome that you are doing research.

Some people like NICS, some prefer cages...it sort of depends on the space you have available as well.

It's great that you are getting a bonded pair. Thinking back, I think it might have been the better route for me to go as well.

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves. Bunny's are wonderful animals and great companions.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

Here is link to the rules of the site, light reading Rabbits Online Forum Rules.

You don't have to say what city your in but if you could update your profile withthe areayour in, may be likeNorth west Ohio, Canada, UK etc, that would help others provide you with info that may help you and your bunny.

If you would like to post pictures in your post this link How to put photo's in your posts will help explain that.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures and reading some stories. I hope the adoption goes through for you.

Dave

Welcome to RO!!! That is great u want a bonded pair. Where do u live??? rescue organizations and Humane Society's Would love to help u find just the right match for you

I live in ontario. There is a rescue place near me where I am looking at getting my pair from. Thanks for the welcomes.

1722 wrote:
I live in ontario. There is a rescue place near me where I am looking at getting my pair from. Thanks for the welcomes.
I live in ON, too! I just adopted a female Holland Lop fromthe rescue group called Rabbit Rescuelast Saturday. You can read all about her HERE. :biggrin2:Oh, and by the way, welcome to RO!

Alicia, I am looking at a pair from RR as well, the only dealings I have had with them so far has been emails but they have answered all my questions and I don't know if the person I am emailing with is sitting at the comp all day everyday but holy smokes talk about quick responses.

1722 wrote:
Alicia, I am looking at a pair from RR as well, the only dealings I have had with them so far has been emails but they have answered all my questions and I don't know if the person I am emailing with is sitting at the comp all day everyday but holy smokes talk about quick responses.
LOL. That sounds like Amy! I had the exact same thoughts... she is super speedy and great, isn't she? I could not have asked to adopt from a better rescue and I will be forever grateful for having met them. Just a question... which bonded pair are you looking in to adopting? Well, cannot wait until you get your little ones and share photos with us all! :pinkbouce:Yay for rescue buns, yay for RR!

Yeah it's Amy. I haven't decided on which pair yet as there are two I am looking at. I want to get the info on both pairs and then decide from there. But I will post up when I decide. My gf has always wanted a rabbit and I am going to surprise her when I move into my new place next month so I am sure she will take lots of pics that will get posted up.

I agree that RR is great to work with. I think Ros only had time to answer my emails when I was looking for a bunny. She was great. She convinced me to get Jester (now Behr) even though I thought he was the ugliest little thing (I was a bit more tactful with my hesitation then though).

She hooked me up with his awesome foster mom and they sucked me in. Now that he's in my home he cracks me up all of the time and I can't believe I ever thought he was scary-ugly!

They want to make the best possible matches, so I'm sure whichever pair you get you'll love them. :)

kahlin wrote:
I agree that RR is great to work with. I think Ros only had time to answer my emails when I was looking for a bunny. She was great. She convinced me to get Jester (now Behr) even though I thought he was the ugliest little thing (I was a bit more tactful with my hesitation then though).

She hooked me up with his awesome foster mom and they sucked me in. Now that he's in my home he cracks me up all of the time and I can't believe I ever thought he was scary-ugly!

They want to make the best possible matches, so I'm sure whichever pair you get you'll love them. :)
By any chance, was Susan Jester's foster mom? Marmalade was in Susan's care and when I picked her up last Saturday she had mentioned a former foster bunny named Jester. She kept saying what a little trouble maker he was and how he was total opposite from his new mom, LOL!

Yes it was Susan! Once I agreed to get him, I drove down (from North Bay) ASAP to make room for the next foster, which I guess was Marmalade! That's kind of cool. Small world.

Okay, I'm laughing because I found these posts, because the adopter i was working with (1722) told me that people on here think I sit at my computer all day! Which I do, at work! When I go home I have my RR emails go to my phone in case I need to reply quickly.

I'm also laughing because i can't believe you ever thought of Jester-Behr as "scary-ugly!" LOL!

AmyBunny wrote:
Okay, I'm laughing because I found these posts, because the adopter i was working with (1722) told me that people on here think I sit at my computer all day! Which I do, at work! When I go home I have my RR emails go to my phone in case I need to reply quickly.

I'm also laughing because i can't believe you ever thought of Jester-Behr as "scary-ugly!" LOL!

LOL. Well, it's not something I went around announcing, and figured it was safe to admit on here with no RR members. Oops. ;)

He didn't even make my original inquiry list because I thought someone whacked him with an ugly stick. Repeatedly. And I can't believe it now either. Sure sometimes he looks a bit like a mouse (which is why my mom probably still thinks he's scary ugly) but even then he is so cute. I'm thinking the pictures just don't do him justice.

LOL, well I think he is cute, and I won't tell anyone about your initial thoughts! :)

It still made me laugh! The good thing is you went for personality and not looks!

Thanks. I think Susan would be pretty upset if she knew. She calls him Mr. Handsome.

I'm really glad I got over it because he's been such an awesome bunny. :)

Some day I hope to move closer to RR so I can help out and foster and stuff.

AmyBunny wrote:

:shock:Amy... is this you?! It's Alicia! :wave:

Latest posts

Back