New here and new to rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy loibl

Reaction score
My name is Tracy. My son and I found very sweet rabbit Monday evening. My son named him Bugs.

We discovered the girl next door found it miles away and kept it outside. He escaped and she didnt bother to catch him. He was scared but we caught him. Needless to say, we now have a rabbit. He is in a very temporary cage. My son has him out almost all day. He does have fleas. I have a vet appointment next week to have him checked out.

I joined this site to help educate me on rabbits so Bugs can get best care and the best life.

Tracy

Last edited:
It’s great that you guys took in the poor fella! You can find some great tips on this website. Another site that I love to use for rabbit information is rabbit.org. If you have any questions on rabbit care, don’t hesitate to ask! Have fun with your new companion!!

I took Bugs to the vet yesterday. He got a clean bill of health. He weighs 5lbs. Vet said he may be a little underweight. She gave us something for his fleas. He was so sweet. The vet held him in one arm like a baby while she talked to me and he was so content. I'm so relieved he's healthy.

I took Bugs to the vet yesterday. He got a clean bill of health. He weighs 5lbs. Vet said he may be a little underweight. She gave us something for his fleas. He was so sweet. The vet held him in one arm like a baby while she talked to me and he was so content. I'm so relieved he's healthy.
Great news Tracy, love the photo and the idea of giving him this basket full of toys :) Just pick up the cord in the left top corner and you need to rabbit-proof your home now some rabbits love chewing cords and it s not safe for you and for them!

You might be surprised at how quickly a bunny can cause damage. Cords do seem to be a favorite. I use clear vinyl tubing to cover cords... they aren't chew proof but do provide that extra protection before bunny can cause damage or get electrocuted.

The tubing is sold by the foot at hardware stores -- roughly 20 cents per foot.

upload_2019-3-22_12-38-6.png

And just for fun, here's a compilation of some naughty things mischievous bunnies have done:
https://www.thedodo.com/rabbits-bunnies-shaming-1048353588.html

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-22_12-39-47.png
    upload_2019-3-22_12-39-47.png
    755.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back