New Hampshire

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

othalaacres

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum.

Our rabbitry is in Troy, New Hampshire (about 10 min south of Keene in the southwest corner). We are just getting started raising Silver Foxes and have a pair (Renard & Babs), as well as a mixed breed chocolate agouti doe (Beatrix Potter). The mix is the last of our mixed breed meat herd that we sold off in the fall.

There is a Chickenstock/Craftstock coming up on Feb 22nd (starts at 10am) at the Tractor Supply Co in Milford. Besides chickens & homemade goodies, there are also a few rabbit folks with rabbits for sale. So it may be a good stop to check out what's there if you're in the area.

~Lily Marie Plasse Branga
Othala Acres Rabbitry
Troy, New Hampshire
www.OthalaAcres.com

Hi there! I'm in NorthEastern Ma (right on the NH border) and I was wondering if you are adding any other breeds to your rabbitry?

Ireland915 wrote:
Hi there! I'm in NorthEastern Ma (right on the NH border) and I was wondering if you are adding any other breeds to your rabbitry?

Hi neighbor! :)

No, I won't be adding any other breeds. We don't have the space for any more breeds since we also raise Dominique chickens, Silkie chickens & Narragansett turkeys.

Plus the Silver Foxes are big bunnies!

I don't want to spread myself out too thin, so we are just concentrating on a few breeds of heritage livestock.

LaylaLop wrote:
Just a question.. what do you guys think of NH and have to say about living there? Just curious.. can pm me if you want :)

I LOVE New Hampshire! We're in the southwest corner in a small rural town. I grew up in Springfield, Mass, and didn't like it much in the city. We were looking around northwest Mass and my boss at the time lived in NH and liked it, so we started house shopping over the border. Best decision we ever made! :)

Winters can be brutal, but the way the weather patterns have been the past few years, it seems that the area I left has been getting hit harder with the snow and ice stuff than we are here!

Hey there just found the app, we are the Heron Hallow Rabbitry, a small operation with hopes to supplying a local restaurant. I raise a mix breed of New Zealand whites and silver fox. But basically I'm starting with Mutts. We are in Eaton, NH.

I just used the ID my rabbit portion of this forum and I think I have a mix of New Zealand, Californian, and Himalayan in white and red colors.

Back