New from Wisconsin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamestown478

Reaction score
My fiance and I adopted "Cantelope" from the local humane society about a month ago. This is my second rabbit, I had one as a kid and her first rabbit. Cantelope is a female and is about 3 months old. She Def. loves to run around the house and jump on the couches and chairs.

here are a few pics:
IMAG0016.jpg

in the box on the way home from the humane society.

IMAG0022.jpg

popped out after a long day of running around.

IMAG0020-1.jpg

playing with her favorite hay ball.

IMAG0021-1.jpg

Wow. A trio! They are all beautiful! I sure hope the bonding with the trio goes well. A trio can be challenging and when the babies reach sexual maturity things can change.
Best of luck and keep us updated. They are cuties! :)

I hope things go well too. Cantelope seems to like them and would lay with them on the long date in the bathroom. Im more concerned of the size difference so the little ones dont get hurt when cantelope tries to squeeze in between

jamestown478 wrote:
well the bonding is going amazing, Cantelope seems to think they are her babies or something and has been taking good care of the little ones.
Don't want to rain on you, but do be aware that this 'bond' is quite typical with babies. When your babies' hormones kick in there will likely be a whole new scenario so I don't want you to be caught off guard. Once that time comes, you may be shocked to see vicious fights break out so you'll need to keep a close eye out. Often, you will need to separate them and house them separately until spaying is done and healed. After that, the bonding process will begin anew.

Back