New from Michigan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexsMom

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the board obviously :biggrin2: I live in Michigan and new to the rabbit world as I don't even have one yet. I did have one when I was a small child but barely remember so that doesn't count. I've always been interested in having a rabbit but never had the time or resources to care for one properly. Now my life has settled and I've been researching into it some more. I currently have a dog and cat, as well as a 2 year old daughter. She's very gentle with small animals under supervision and loves to help feed and clean the cage like a big girl. I still wasn't so sure that a rabbit would be an appropriate fit for us though so I contacted a couple of rescue groups and they actually think they have a few that would be perfect for us and hopefully we're going to be meeting them tomorrow. I don't want to bring one into an environment that isn't best suited to its' needs but I was given a few profiles online of some adult strays/surrenders that enjoy small children and cats/dogs so we'll see if one likes us!

Hello and welcome..

This is a great place to find a lot of info on bunnies..so much to learn here and so many bunny stories to read.

Good luck on finding an adorable little bunny to join your family..

Welcome to the forum. I know there are several members here who have rabbits and small children. If you want more information on having a small child and a rabbit, I would post in the rabbit online section and I am sure the members who have small children can tell you their experience. I think contacting the rescue groups is the best option because they can tell you about the rabbits personality and if they think the rabbit would do well in a home with children.

I can't wait to hear more from you and what rabbit you decide to get. Make sure to post pictures of your bun once you get him/her.

Welcome to the forum!

Hekko. Welcome. If the rescues don't work out there is always rabbit shows to get one from. there is one coming up in coldwater on the 10th. Its a night show held at the branch county 4h fairgrounds. Best thing about owning a purebred bunny is that your kids can show it in 4h if they want to.

Hi there,

I work at a local Michigan shelter called Midwest Rabbit Rescue and Rehome. We are located in Plymouth and do a great job of rescuing and adopting out beautiful domestic bunnies. Our website is www.rabbitrr.org and we would be happy to help you find just the right rabbit for your family!

Look us up and I hope to hear from you soon.

Laura (Shelter Manager)

Hello and welcome to the board! I am also from Michigan :)

I live in the Novi-Brighton area. I will be 17 on July 24, and I still live with my parents, seeing as I'm a Senior in Highschool!

I have two rabbits that I bonded, Solara, a mixed breed female, and Sabriel, a dutch male, and also two dogs, a female shepherd/pitbull/chow named Lady who loves the buns, and a male black and tan Shiba Inu named Kiba, who wants to eat my buns XD

There's a lovely bun named "Stewart" at the Michigan Humane Society in Westland (michiganhumane.org). He's been there since before Easter, probably because he's 7 lbs, and white with red eyes. He's a sweetie though (I met him when I adopted Sabriel).

When you get a bun at that Humane Society, they're pretty cheap, and they come fixed, making them even cheaper, and making them cleaner :)

But anyways :) I hope you find the right bunny for you.

Latest posts

Back