New from Chicago (can anyone identify her breed?)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeramm

Reaction score
Hi!
I am a new bunny owner from the Chicago area and was wondering if anyone can identify my female bunny? That would be great and help me out so much! If you need more angles or what not, I can post them up, too!

Thanks! [=

image-6.jpg

Could be any mix of breeds in my opinion, a lot of breeds have that marking pattern. A real cutie though :)

Welcome to the forum :)

I think she's got English Spot in her--she's even got the butterfly nose. Welcome! I hope you like it here! :D

Not English Spot. It is a broken black rabbit for the color but that does not make it english spot. I made this video for people with broken colored rabbits to show how many breeds can actually resemble an english spot but are definitely not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5GBu-6GfM4

I vote POLISH!! Heres a picture of one of our polish babies that looks pretty similar. Polish stay small (about 3.5lbs and under)

DC7EA36C-1B3A-463A-A997-4916D0A5DB4E-610-00000070DE524C37_zps2fa1861c.jpg

Thanx for the welcome guys!!! Any input and opinions is better than none at this moment.

Not English Spot. It is a broken black rabbit for the color but that does not make it english spot. I made this video for people with broken colored rabbits to show how many breeds can actually resemble an english spot but are definitely not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5GBu-6GfM4

I vote POLISH!! Heres a picture of one of our polish babies that looks pretty similar. Polish stay small (about 3.5lbs and under)

Your polish baby is adorable! And definitely looks like my girl. How old is she?

lol we have polish that have that length of ear too :p Its pretty common actually at least for us it is.

That baby I believe was 4-5 wks old when I took that picture.

Which brings up my question of the bunny in the OP's photo... That bunny looks way to young to be away from its Mother... How old is it?

I am not sure. My friends found her at the side of her house hopping around the other night, so now I am taking care of her as my own. I have set up a NIC cube'd cage and bought her juvenile pellets which she is eating up any time she is hungry, which is often. She drinks from the bowl and pees on a towel, which I am now trying to train her to poop in a pan. I'm pretty sure she is domestic and she had no signs of trauma or fleas/ticks anywhere on her body. So, at the moment I have no idea how old she is...

keep a very close eye on her poops and food/water intake.
The pellets are great, do you have hay for the little one? I would keep the diet at just pellets and hay for a while especially because its super young and any change can be fatal for a bun this young. So Veggies maybe in a month or 2 introduced slowly :)
If she stops eating/drinking/pooping/peeing, something needs to be done ASAP.

Thanx for the help/advice! I have Timothy Hay available for her all the time. Should I have gotten alfalfa hay, since she does seem to still be a baby? (have been doing a lot of research). She poops a lot. The first night I had her they were small, hard and round. Now after feeding her pellets and hay, her poop are larger, hard and round. No signs of diarrhea. I've introduced basil leaves that my mom grows in the backyard. She seems to have taken a liking to them. I will give her them everyday for a week and watch her poop/urine (is that okay?). Otherwise, I will stop!

Yup sounds good! Herbs are great for buns. Just not too much new stuff all at once for a youngin.
What are the pellets? Are they Timothy based or Alfalfa based? You said Juvie so I'm assuming Alfalfa based.
You can try introducing alfalfa hay maybe in a week or so :) But with the pellets being alfalfa based youre okay. Timothy hay is just fine.

Here is the timothy hay and juvi pellets I feed her. Should I go buy alfalfa based hay then since she's a baby and mix it in with the timothy hay?

image-6.jpg

Still being new and all to this, and with having a baby bunny, what are recommendations with supplements? I've been doing some research and seen Prozyme, Bene-Bac powder etc., and was wondering should I be giving these to her or is it too early?

Back