New Foster Hamster! Help me name her!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So right now I'm fostering a Syrian hamster. The shelter named the 7 that came in after the 7 dwarfs, so her name is Dopey. Not cool! So I'm changing it. But I'm stuck with names! It needs to be simple, but cute and catchy. Nothing to complicated. :p

This is her:

P5307227.jpg

P5307228.jpg

I've been thinking of some springy/summery names.
Kiwi
Flower
Lily
Lilac

But any cute name will do. :p

So please, help me out! :)

If you have any other names that might fit her, let me know!

And thanks both of you for your input. I do like those as well. It's hard to choose!

What about Lacie? Lacey? or Sadie? You could name her "Summer".

I'm not good with names either. I think I changed my baby bunnies names 3-4 times before something stuck. Lol.

She's a little cutie!....gosh i find it so hard to pick name's....it took me a while to name my bunnies lol....but i do like the name Mimi :)

Yay, you got her! Is she as sweet as that boy we were playing with? I love goldens.

I actually really like the name Kiwi. Short, cute, and a bit unusual.

I like Kiwi.... she's so little. But she's Syrian so...
Sabeen, or Syra, or Farha (means happy) or Zevah

I like the name Summer too. Too bad there isn't another name for Sunset. I also like Lucy. That's always been a cute name! Kiwi is still cute... It's so hard to choose! :pullhair:

She's not as sweet as that little boy, naturestee. She very much does not like being held but never tries to bit. She has come around and gladly begs for treats and takes them from my hand! :biggrin2: I think I'll foster her for at least another week to see if I can get her to come around. She does scamper off your hand if she can, which could be dangerous if she fell.

Oh and naturestee, she had no babies! Their gestation period is 16 days and it's several days past that now! :D

I've only had one Syrian hamster with those markings (versus ones that are solid colored or banded or longhaired), she was my first hamster and she was awesome. Her name was Hamletina Rose which I still think is incredibly cute. She never ever ever bit, and also didn't ever pee or poop on anyone. She liked to cuddle too... Hammie would occasionally escape her cage and come visit the rest of the family, wherever we were in the house. Hey, here's a picture!

I obviously have a soft spots for hamsters that look like her! Are you considering keeping her? Hammie was my first hamster, Leonie was my second. She was a gift, and I was warned that she was very mean. She would bite, hiss, run away, jump, all that stuff. But within about a week of being with me, she loved to be held and petted and would lie on her back on my hand while I rubbed her belly. She just needed someone to love her, be patient with her, go slowly and talk quietly. Maybe little Kiwi-Lily-Daisy-Flower is the same way!

Aww she's gorgeous. She looks like a mouse!

I agree, something to do with spring would fit. Kiwi is cute though :)

I do like Kiwi, butitdoes remind me of the hairy fruit.:p

I also think Lucy really suits her. MaybeCharmor Spring?

Either way, she is a real cutie. Good luck choosing!

Aww! So cute! I like the name Lily. You are now making me miss having a hamster. I had one who got out of his cage several times during the night and I would always find him on my chest. It was really weird waking up going "wait... I have a hamster in my hands, how did that happen."

Aww hamster love! :D The more I handle these hamsters the more I want! The little boy at the shelter I really love. He's a sweetie!

I would take one in a heartbeat, but I probably don't need more pets! lol! I have 4 bunnies, 2 gerbils and a dog. For sure no more bunnies! I've reached my max. If I did get more it'd more then likely be Gerbils or hamsters as they are fairly easy. But my mom would say no! :p

Oh and one of the other females at the shelter had 5 babies. So now we have 10 hamsters at the shelter. Luckily the mom was already in a foster home so mom and babies get to be in a quiet environment. :)

Great... more hammies. They're cute and all but sometimes it takes a while to get little critters adopted out. Was that one of Sara's foster hammies? One of the sick ones?

Latest posts

Back