New Foster Hamster! Help me name her!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, one of the blind ones. It might actually be genetic and those don't have any eyes at all. :(

Another one of the hamsters did get adopted, so there's only 2 at the shelter.

Boy to I want that little boy I took to the mobile last week! I was hold him today. He's so sweet!

Oh and I was holding Cheddar. She was all wrapped in a towel practically sleeping in my arms. She was so adorable! And she climbed into the towel from her cage all by herself (I just held it out for her). :inlove:

Well I just figured out that the two white ones are more then likely Anophthalmic (Eyeless) Whites. Meaning, they're blind and deaf. But I've heard they make great pets! I'm a little worried about them going to the right home though. :(

Aww sounds like the two white ones will need an extra special home. I was surprised to hear that eyeless white Syrians can thrive because eyeless white dwarves always die.

Well for not I'm going to call her Summer. I really can't decide on anything!

Little update...
She's really afraid of my touch or picking her up, but she'll gladly take food from my hands! :D

I let her run around in the ball for the first time today and she seemed to enjoy it! :D

I stink at naming hammies (plus, I almost always have boys). These are a few "female" names I've had in the past:
- Harley
- Buttons
- Ursula
- Anna
- Peepers
- Kawaii
- Stubby (had 3 legs)
- Piper
- Miss Peepers

Among my favorite boy names I've had for my guy hamsters, I would have to say that Schmanky, Horatio Hornblower the Hamster, and Sir Puffington the Brave are my favorites. :p

Those are adorable! :p I can't decide what I want to do... (naming is so hard!)

Have you ever had Syrian hamsters?

My first pet was a identical hamster. She got me started on my love affair with pets. Her name was Ginger. Great little girl. She was with me a little over 2 years but left me with much more- knowledge and understanding, patience and love. So for my suggestion- Ginger.

Kelly, you should consider adopting a Syrian girl who has learned to beg at the "window" in her bin cage!

Goodness you all should have seen her tonight! She was so hyper! She was flying all over her cage running from the her wheel to her potty area and back up onto her shelve I made for her to beg for treats from her "window". She was being so adorable! :D

Then I let her out to run in the ball. ZOOOM!
Marley was like "What the?!!"

Aww! How cute! Sadly, I've vowed never to own another female Syrian ham-ham again. They are just too stinky when they go into heat. I don't mind the males, but their "junk" kind of freaks me out. I'm partial to my dwarf ham-hams. I really like Roborovskii dwarves. They're like super-zoom! in their wheel. lol

Oh yeah... that heat thing... Don't remind me! :yuck I've heard it's not like that for all of them though.
I think longhaired Syrian male hams are a little better since it's not so obviously seen. :p

Wha? Girl hammies are stinky when they go into heat? I swear I never ever noticed that with my hamsters... Is it just Syrians? Hammie always smelled fine. I had mice before I had her though and they smelled really badly, so maybe girl Syrians smell fine compared to boy mice!

Well, Summer (that's what I think I'm going to call her) smells so bad when she's in heat. It usually only lasts a day but man, it's terrible! Not all are stinky when they are in heat though. It depends on eat individual hammy. :)

Summer is a cute name! :)

Yeah, Syrian hammies stink while in heat. I've had them go into heat on or right before the day I was set to clean the cage... PEEWW! That was stinky!

I want a male Syrian ham-ham again! I just want one with "modesty fluff"! :p

Latest posts

Back