New Easter movie 'Hop'.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
I have a feeling that when people go to see this cute movie with an adorable, funny rabbit in it there will a big increase in people going out and getting rabbits for Easter, what dos everyone think?

I don't think it's going to make a difference. People swarm out during Easter and buy colored chicks and baby bunnies anyways, I really don't think it is going to change anything.

We actually won premier passes to the movie so we are going tomorrow, I'll reserve judgement until then.

I only heard about the movie, I don't know what it's about..Agreed though, ppl flock out to get pet bunnies and chicks regardless but then again look what happened to dalmatians from that movie:/ Different scenario yes, since dalmatians are mostly breeder supplied and rabbits are attainable from every Jane, Tom and Alice let alone pet stores. From the 1 picture I saw, isn't Hop a computer animated movie? Like Toy Story and Dragon and all the other Pixar computer movies kids are more interested in the cool toys made for the movie that do cool things. . . Here's to hoping anyway!

I remember though when Finding Nemo came out there was a huge amount of people releasing their fish into the sea.

Hopefully it won't have a negative impact, my household is at it's rabbit limit so no more rescuing for me. I do know my girls are already asking if we can go to it friday, and I am eager myself, I just hope it will be playing at the cheaper cinema in my area.

Or 101 Dalmatians... Everyone got them thinking they'd be great family pets for young children. Which if they did any research... They're not.

I never thought about it, good point though.
I think this could happen.

People are crazy. I've heard of people getting bunnies and chicks for easter but have never met anyone who did so. Grrrrr!

My kids hatched some Coturnix Quail for a science project last spring and guess what---we have two year-old pet Quail! :biggrin2: We couldn't release them (not native), so we built a big hutch/aviary for them and keep them as pets.
1272425593.jpg

1271549002.jpg
I don't understand people who just get animals and refuse to care for them. It makes me so mad!

I am excited for the movie. I hope to go Friday and probably to a late night show. I can't stand it when someone brings there crying baby into the theater. As for the rabbits hopefully the kids will be more interested in the toys. For those that get rabbits hopefully a handful of them will turn into bunny lover for life.

Me and my kids want to see the movie. I also seen the foodnet work cake channel them making HOP cake :)

It was an okay movie, it was funny but of course there was little storyline, but it's good for something to just watch. I was surprised that the fact that rabbits can't vomit actually came up in the movie, made a fairly funny scene XD

Really, I don't see anything that would encourage people to go out and get bunnies though.

Hopefully not :)
Was just thinking that people who might already be thinking of getting a rabbit for Easter for their kids might be encouraged by the movie. Or when their kids see it they might have more interest in getting one.

Rabbits are cute little animals.

I am going to go see this movie on Saturday with my niece and she knows that rabbits are a big responsibility. I may get her a stuffed bunny tht she can sleep with and cuddle with all that she wants to.

Build A Bear has stuffed Hop bunnies that are pretty cute.
I have yet to meet one person who has gotten a bunny for Easter.

Cheyrul wrote:
Build A Bear has stuffed Hop bunnies that are pretty cute.
I have yet to meet one person who has gotten a bunny for Easter.
I've met a few people in my area already that are asking me where I got Lacy because they want a rabbit for Easter...

Back