New dog in the house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offspring2099

Reaction score
My grandma is living with us again, and this time she brought her dog with her. The dog is not big at all, like a westie, but he does bark once in a while.

Penny is aware that the dog is in the house. We are not letting the dog go in the rabbit room and for now we will not let them even see each other. But I know Penny hears the dog.

I'm kind of worried that this will have a negative effect on Penny's health. Penny is about 3 and half years old.

It might take her some time to adjust, but I would maybe cover a section of her cage with a towel and give her something to hide in if you haven't already to help her feel secure. I don't think it'll effect her health too much, she might get a bit stressed for a bit in the beginning while she gets used to the dog, but hopefully after she gets used to his barking and everything, it'll be just fine :).

My buns actully scare my dogs a bit. They probably will need some time to get used to each other. They will work things out for themselves. That being said, you should only let them have supervised interaction so nobunny get hurt.

Thanks guys,

Yeah I guess we'll see how it goes.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
My buns actually scare my dogs a bit. They probably will need some time to get used to each other. They will work things out for themselves. That being said, you should only let them have supervised interaction so no bunny get hurt.

The dog seems to be a bit of a fradey-cat, he is in fact afraid of cats, so I won't be surprised if Penny will spook him. I just don't want Penny to get a heart attack.

Latest posts

Back