New Cage :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtzchick

Reaction score
pvxzrj0k1zblfmqaumd.jpg

Awhhh it`s been Peter`s first day in his new hut and he`s not fully adjusted yet but looks soo darn cute in it! Anyone have pictures of their bunnies cages? I would love to see some of your hutches/N.I.C cages etc!
viewer.php

That hutch looks really nice! I'm really liking it! Where did you get it? Also, your bunny is adorable :)

I don't have any pictures because I don't have a rabbit. Hopefully someday soon!

Actually I got it at Petsmart. The only thing is I hate having him cooped up so I'm going to buy some cubes and have the ramp going onto a second platform that attaches to the roof since the roof is made of shingle. :)

yeah. Plus, I just love to spoil him. hehe. yesterday I changed his blanket to a soft mat and bought him the cutest bunny bed! He loves it because it's so cozy for him :)

Thanks,
I was thinking about buying a hay tray but cant really attach it to the cage bars because then I have to move his litterbox over where as I like it in the corner and his bed takes up alot of space. I totally agree with the water bottle though, but I find the problem with water bottles is that they become almost too convenient whereas I will actually need to change the water in the bowl everyday, just personal preference I guess. Also, I keep his food and water bowl on the side that is covered up by the ramp. He seems to love it.

What kind of cage do you have for your bunny?

awhh, I really want to make one of those for Peter! :(

Do the N.I.C. Cubes come in pink? also, where can I buy those in Canada?

I know that in the states you can buy them at Walmart, Zellers, and apparently home depot, I'm not sure if its the same in canada because I've looked at the Canadian websites and I can't seem to find them. Maybe we Canadians call them something else here?! lol

I am not sure if you can get them in pink in Canada, the most common colours are white and black. There are multi coloured sets that have red, blue, green and yellow.
Walmart, Canadian Tire, London Drugs (not sure if you have those in Ontario), Rona have them. I think Home Depot might carry them. Zellers and Superstore might as well, but I haven't seen them in a while there. Most sets have 13 grids for about $20, but do go on sale once in a while.
When I look on websites, I search Cube Storage or Cube Shelving.
Also check Kijiji or other classifieds sites as well as garage sales. You can get great deals.

is this a N.I.C cage?

It looks easy to build, just wire pieces you put together?

What is on the top of the cage?

Is the bottom wire too? Just put blankets or something down?

Yep thats a nic cage, I have one too I use Zip ties too connect them. The floor looks like a cholorplast forsale sign :) lol I like too over lap the panels on the sides 1 square too make the cage sturdier.

I have found baby blue cubes at Superstore here years ago. I wonder if maybe a baby store will carry pink. I have seen rainbow, white, black and silver lately.

Thanks for the info.

I will definitely check out Canadian tire because I'm there sooo often, or even kijiji.

I can't wait to add on to his hutch, soooo excited. I love do it yourself projects bc I do custom home reno's for a living :)

Canadian Tire is expensive for the girds. It's about $30 for 16 grids. They do go on sale for $15, but not too often. The only reason I bought some there was because they were $10 a set. I would not use the connectors that come with them as they seem to be poorer quality than other sets.

Bed Bath and Beyond also has them, not sure of the price, but I think it is around $20 a set.

I got a 4 cube set at goodwill for $5 once. Kijiji is a good place too find them cheep too. They definalty make better cages then shelves. I dont use the connecters that come with them, those get tossed in the garbage asap. I have kids and dogs and they fall apart too easy. Zip ties are easy to use. I find that they are usually one sale in the fall time.

Latest posts

Back