New cage question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Pepper likes her newcage. She hasn't jumped up to any of the top levels and shejust kinda sits there and doesn't run around like she did in her othersmaller cage. Does anyone has any idea how you can tell ifthey like their cage or not? I"m wondering if I should puther back in her smaller cage and give the new bigger bunny the largecage we just built until we can leave them together (problem is...newbun is not litter trained yet and he/she likes to hump everything:embarrassed:. What does everyone think?We builtthe bigger cage so both buns could eventually live in ittogether. Just thought Pepper should live there first becauseshe is basically litter trained. Check out my "what a day"post to see pics of new bunny with old bunny and cages!

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Just give Pepper some time to get use to her new environment.This is a drastic change for her. Does she know howto jump up and down to the next level?You might have to give her something for her to step up orclimb up if she isn't comfortable with the height.

Soon she will claim the cage as hers and won't let Butterscotch in. :p

Rainbows! :angel:

She won't jump up and down yet so we built herlittle ramps and she seems to use those better. I was hopingit would just take her some time to get used to. Eventuallywhen one or both of the buns are fixed I would like them to share thesame cage because it's definitely big enough. They areactually bonding quite well now... we just have to watch them becausethe new bun tries to mount her occassionally. But Pepper isbeing really submissive... laying her head down under the new bun...it's really cute. So I think they might get along well oncethey're fixed. They actually played a game of chase forawhile today. :D I just want to make sure that once she isused to the cage I will be able to tell if she really likes it ornot. It is hard to know what they are thinking sometimes!

Pepper, are you sure the new bun is female?Maybe you could take her in for a quick vet check to make sure. I knowfemales will hump too, I just wouldn't want you to have an unexpectedlitter.

Actually I'm pretty sure the new bun is amale. I'm keeping them in seperate cages and am getting themboth vet checked this week. Also new bun keeps getting crustin one eye so I'm a little worried about that too. I won'tput them together until one or both are fixed.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back