new cage for Roger

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
10504_4a8eb.jpg
Ineed some advice.. I am wanting to buy Roger a new cage.. The one hecame with from the shelter is just way to beat up and hard toclean. Last tax time I bought Luv a cage just like above butno ramp. I am wanting to buy the same cage but I see theseones with the ramp cost the same amount.. Do you think Rabbits like tobe able to go up the ramp? Anyone have any experince with them gettinghurt? If he likes it I wonder if I can buy a rampto go in luv's cage.. I wouldnt want her jealous.Thanks for any advice.

Cristy

I'm no expert on this but I would say a ramp is probably better as long as it's suitable i.e not too slippery etc

Having said this, Alfie had a ramp, never used it, therefore never usedthe 'upstairs' so we took the ramp out so she had more room on thelower floor. Being the contrary creature she is, she started using the'upstairs' immediately - she just hopped up. She looks a bit ungainlybellyflopping down again but when we offer the original ramp or anyvarients, she just flat ignores it. Silly bunny

So it might be best to try the ramp then take it out if it isn't asuccess - after all, if it's the same price you wouldn't be losing

It would definately need to have some sort ofnon-slip surface. It looks like that one is a plastic ramp, probablywith little bumps or ridges, right? It also depends on the size of yourbunny too. If the top surface was non-slip, he probably wouldn't havedifficulty jumping up and down. I wouldn't want my bunny to slip whiletrying to jump down though.

My rabbits have never gotten hurt from a fall but I know there ispotential for injury. I have heard about many rabbits on this board whohave been clumsy and knocked out their front teeth by falling on theirface from an elevated place.

My minilop Amber fell while getting onto alanding with no ramp once, so I think a ramp would be a good thing.Just make sure it isn't slippery.

The cage I built for my two buns has no ramp to the first level but does have a ramp to the second level.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I will mostlikely get the one with the ramp after I see it in person and see whatthe ramp is made of.. I wouldnt want him to get hurt.. His old cage ispretty roomy but really hard for me to get him and do cleaning.. Haveto stick my head through the opening lol.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back