New bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

Reaction score
Yesterday I brought a new bunny home. I know its very soon after Hubert, but I was worried about Alice being bored while I was at work as I do fairly long shifts over spring and summer. They're in side by side crates at the moment, because they aren't spayed/neutered yet and I certainly don't need any bunny babies. =P But there has been no sign of aggression and she gets really excited when he does bunny racetracks and tries to run along with him. He is so active!
Oh, he is 2 1/2 months old. Do I need to wait till he is 6 months, or can boy bunnies be fixed at a younger age?

His name is George.

8037616079_19e1c84bf3_z.jpg

8037618079_265518b548_z.jpg

8037620045_af3bc3f317_z.jpg

Personally, I would wait until he's closer to 5 months old. I'm sure some have had it done at an earlier age, but I think the risk of something going wrong may be higher the younger they are. I know some who've had no problems getting it done a little younger, but I alsoknow of two people whogot their bunnies spayed/neutered when they were4 months old that died on the operating table due to 'complications from the anesthesia'.

majorv wrote:
Personally, I would wait until he's closer to 5 months old. I'm sure some have had it done at an earlier age, but I think the risk of something going wrong may be higher the younger they are. I know some who've had no problems getting it done a little younger, but I alsoknow of two people whogot their bunnies spayed/neutered when they were4 months old that died on the operating table due to 'complications from the anesthesia'.
Yeah I figured I'd be better off to wait. Alice is about 4 1/2 or so now, so it isn't that long of a wait to get her done.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/yfZUITFdHaU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

My camera does terrible quality, but this is George and Alice. ^^ George has the run and Alice has the two crates. If there were any more room in the house, I'd have a crate and a run each.

So sweet! I love his coloring. It looks like they're friendly with each other through the bars in the video, too. I bet you can't wait to get them fixed and bonded!!

Both rabbits are very nice. I bet that they will make a great couple in a few months. Congrats :)

Watch out in the coming weeks, as those bars are def. wide enough for them to mate through.

Cute buns! I'm sure they'll make fast friends once both are fixed.

Nelsons_Mom wrote:
Watch out in the coming weeks, as those bars are def. wide enough for them to mate through.

Cute buns! I'm sure they'll make fast friends once both are fixed.
o_O Do you think so? I'll separate the cages today.

Latest posts

Back