New bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I know I am bad for posting without pictures but I have to let my new bunny settle in....

I now have a seven month old registered English Spot blue doe named Juliette (she already had the name)....she made eye contact with me and I was done! She is active and has a cute demeanor about her.

I know, I have to get my butt to the barn and take some shots...

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
I know, I have to get my butt to the barn and take some shots...

Denise
Yes, yes you do! :p

I read the words 'New bunny' and 'Checkered Giant' in your title without thinking them through properly, and I swear, my heart skipped a beat! ;)

Congratulations on your new addition. Can't WAIT to see pictures :D

Yes - the breeder actually called me while I was showing and I hope to make the trip to Ohio in 3 weeks.

My son Andy had fun with Juliette - I brought her into the house to give her some out time and she was a mini version of the Checkered Giants I saw today at the show - she was thumping around Andy's room and just full of herself. Her former owner said she likes attention and she loved being held and snuggling with Andy.

Tim and Andy go on a fishing trip Thursday through Sunday and I know all my bunnies will have some house time when they are away... hoping they will enjoy it as much as Jen's Dotty does - of the bunch here, Axel seems like he will be happy to snuggle.

Denise

OK... pics in a moment of Juliette in the house...

th_P1010209.jpg
Introducing Juliette!

th_P1010208.jpg

In all her blue English Spot beauty... I love this little bun... glad she kept making eye contact with me while I spoke with her owner....

Denise

Oooh, beautiful bunny! Love her markings.

She kinda looks like a rex in those pics! Congrats! :)

She has a beautiful "flyback" coat that is sleek and tight.

As I said earlier, like the Checkered Giants I was watching at the show yesterday (and trying not to drool as I was showing my Hollands at the next table over), Juliette was running around Andy's room, thumping her little feet with authority. I still can't get over that thumping...:p Juno will do that but Juliette's thump is so loud!...Hop, hop, hop THUMP! Hop, hop, hop THUMP!

She's a character, for sure. I have to get her some toys for her cage.

Denise

will give up bunnapping then - am trying to catch mine for nail clipping and general bun check - the little mindreaders took one look at me and hid:rollseyes as i type they're in the garden watching me like hawks..

Andy spent a lot of time playing with all the bunnies yesterday and spent a lot of time at the barn - more than he has in years.

Juliette was playing Bun of the Mountain in Andy's room -he has to go through all of the clothes and things from his college room but before he does that, Juliette decided she could climb to the top of the clothes and boxes and stand on her hind legs.

He also had her in his lap while he was listening to music. While Andy's choice of music is not mine (roaring rock, I call it), Juliette seemed to enjoy her lap time and seems to have found her "Romeo."

Pics later of Andy and Juliette...

Denise

P1010212.jpg

A boy and his new bunny.

Andy loved his first bunny, Winslow and it was awful when Winslow passed at the age of eight - they had done shows together and even though Winslow never placed high, he was still loved.

Andy loves his Juliette...when I did chores tonight, the clasp was in a different spot so I know he was visiting the barn again while I was at work.

While Benn refuses to go to a show, Andy is thinking about a show on May 30th...I am hoping he can also convince his girlfriend of 1.5 years to join us...

Denise

PS... Axel and Juno also had some house time... and once hubby is away on Thursday, buns and mom will play, responsibly as everyone is currentlya show bun and has to be intact.

Axel finally chinned me...I am feeling loved, or like I am his possession.:biggrin2:

Juno enjoyed her chance to binky again in my living room - if I am home alone doing laundry, she is my laundry and house chores buddy.

Gorgeous bunny. When we rescued Serena, we were told that she was an English-spot. She was 7 pounds and on the skinny side. She kept growing to our suprise. She now weighs 17 pounds--finally figured out she' a Checkered-giant. One of the sweetest bunnies we have and also the largest. She's also a lap rabbit--will stay in your lap as long as she's getting a rub. Will also climb on your back and lay down when your on the floor--likes to make herself comfortable.

Those whiskers go a mile a minute!

Andy had his girlfriend over today and was showing Axel, Juno and Juliette off.

Nancy - hope you are feeling better after your kidney stones and glad to hear you have a Checkered Giant - I am approximately 2.5 weeks from acquiring our three Checkered Giants from Ohio - and I can't wait!

Denise

Latest posts

Back