New bunny, yay yay, new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
The people I foster for didn't need me for the little lop in the end sooooooo;

This is Leo, my new French lop. He is 4 months old.I didn't say anything about getting one because I didn't want to jinx it - how superstitious am I?! There were two Frenchies there, he was just the most friendly with me so he picked me really! I picked him up from his fosterer today and he is a real beauty. He has settled in well, he did a DBF in his carrier in the car on the way home! And he is now in his hutch eating and pooping away.

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

I'm so excited. At the moment he is outside but I'm in the process of getting an indoor set up for him. He is such a big softie I want him inside withus! He was following me around outside - probably something to do with the fact that he's mature (if you knowwhat I mean!).

That brings me onto myquestion. He hasn't been neutered yet because theshelters vets said he was too young. But I checked him out and his balls have definately dropped. Should I wait until heis a bit older or can I get him donenow?

OH boy what a cutie! I like the name Leo. I bet you're excited to bring him inside with you;) I'm not sure about neutering. I've heard/read that as soon as their bits drop you can have it done.

:biggrin2:Have fun with you new bun!:biggrin2:

Aww, Congrats on the new addition! Welcome Leo:).

As far as neutering, as soon as the other testicle drops would be the perfect time, and anytime from there on out. Nothing you need to rush to have done either, btw;).

I'd love to see pics of his indoor setup when it's completed:D.

WOW!! Welcome home Mr. Handsome Leo!! :D

I have a new addition myself that I'll be posting about in a moment...:)

What a handsome boy your Leo is...I can see why he came home with you! Who can resist those eyes...and oh, those ears!! *sigh* These bunnies have me wrapped around their little toes......
:inlove:

OMG LOOK AT HIM! He looks so sweet!

Congrats!

Bo was neutered at 5 mos. As big as he is, he should do fine.

Yep maherwoman, his ears are HUGE and adorable! He loves to be touched and have nose rubs. In fact when we took the photos we had just given him loads of fuss and he stayed completely still for about 5 mins waiting for some more!

AngelnSnuffy - you're right, I'm in no rush but he deffo has two of the little things there and his pee smells quite strong. I'll leave him to settle for alittle while before I get him done though. I haven't been sprayed yet either, thankfully:)

As soon as I receive the items for the indoor set up I'll post some photos in my blog. It may take a little while as we need to make sure the set up has room tobe enlarged when he reaches full size. My boyf thinks this is temporary for the winter, hehehe!

Back