new bunny worrying me to death!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleboo

Reaction score
hi there,

im quite worried about my new bunny. i have had her for a few weeks nowand noticed something really odd about her. she sways her head formleft to right really slowly whenever shes still. what do you think thiscould be? she does it all the time and its really worrying me.

:?any replies appreciated X

she is just scanning, If she has ruby redeyes they are known to do thisremember Rabits have visionfrom the sides not from thefront like we do so in order for them too seepeoperly they have to sawy side to side ,hope this helps put you worries away .

My new baby Fuzzy Lop is doing this,too. His eyes look brown, but sometimes I can see a littlered when the light hits just right. Is that common or is he afreak?

Laura

yeh its helped thanks for the quick replies. shedoesnt have ruby red eyes though, they are black and ive never seen myother bunny do it! someone mentioned to me she might have an earinfection, could they be right?

thanks x

Laura wrote:
Mynew baby Fuzzy Lop is doing this, too. His eyes look brown,but sometimes I can see a little red when the light hits justright. Is that common or is he a freak?

Laura

It's called the "ruby glow" and is common in shaded rabbits.:D

Rose

Littleboo, does your bun only sway from side toside or it is having trouble keeping its head up. Like if someone isnodding off their head keeps dropping down???

If so, I recommend a possible check-up at the vets, just to make sure that everything is ok.

yeh she sort of does it for a while and thensways more to one side, then she'll jerk up as if she was nodding off!when i hold her she will lay her head on my chest/shoulder like she'sresting it. do you think its serious?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm trying toget a clear picture. Is she not acting herself - I meanquieter than usual. Is she eating and drinking?

One of my buns at a problem with a drooping head the otheryear. She was quiet and not herself. Bunny Mum instinct tookover. My sister called the vets and told her what washappening. I told her to the vets the next day. She had an injectionand within 20mins she was almost her old self again.

its ok, questions are fine. erm yes she istotally herself, jumping about, eating and drinking. its only when sheis stood still or eating that she sways.

She may just be scanning as some of others have said.

But if your worried, I would call your vets and ask their advice just to be on the safe side.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

- Zee

i will ring vets in the morning. yes you havebeen very helpful, reasuring to hear other people have experiencedsimiliar to me.

thanks, sami :D

rabbitgirl wrote:
Laura wrote:
My new babyFuzzy Lop is doing this, too. His eyes look brown, butsometimes I can see a little red when the light hits justright. Is that common or is he a freak?

Laura

It's called the "ruby glow" and is common in shaded rabbits.:D

Rose
That's probably why the breeder dumped this little one at the pet store, huh?

Laura

I have 2New Zelands One sways her headconstantly to see who is inthe room with her ,the Male on the other hand doesnot scann ,both have rubyeyes i must saysomebunnies are just weird :?

Latest posts

Back