New Bunny Rebecca Lynn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopHop

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and bunny slavehood. My bunny's name is Rebecca Lynn, a brown and white mini lop between 1-2 years old. I got her Monday from the local SPCA. The great news is that she is already litter box trained! She seems a little shy with all the changes and doesn't come out of her house yet. I leave the door open in the evenings when I can supervise. I also have three cats so until I am positive they have accepted her she's safer in while I am at work. For the most part the cats ignore herbut one has even licked her face through the bars (I'm not sure that he really knows he's a cat).

I have been reading a lot on the care and behavior so I think we are getting a good routein. I give her 1/4 cup pellets, 2 cups fresh veggies, and unlimited timothy hay each day. She gets 2 very small pieces of fruit at night as an evening snack. She loves to toss around the ball with a bell and her towel.

She lets me pet her and takes food from my fingers so she seems rather relaxed with me. Is there any way to encourage her to come out more? I would love for her to stretch her legs a bit more and explore. :lookaround

Happy Holidays!

I think Rebecca is a chestnut Agouti. Here she is butter bowling.

14135_261409_450000003.jpg

14135_261409_450000000.jpg

14135_261409_450000001.jpg

Aw, she is adorable! I agree with the others, time and patience will probably see her gain a lot of confidence in exploring her surroundings and getting into everything. You could also try tempting her out by feeding the fruit and veg treats just outside the cage - maybe starting at the door and encouraging her to come out and eventually forage by hiding bits under baskets and in treatballs etc. If she's had the typical life up till meeting you and becoming a housebunny, she may never have been outside a hutch or the inside of a house except if someone wanted to pull her out and hold her. So she may have little concept that she can go from in to out at will, explore things or how fun it is. I adopted my Romeo from the RSPCA as an adult and he was very much like that. A variation on learned helplessness I guess.

wow congrats on getting the diet down pat so early on! took us a few months before we realised that the food we were feeding our little ones was so crap we may as well have drip fed them m&ms

congrats on such a beautiful girl :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Brandy, you even spell it right! :)
Becky is coming out of her shell. She is becoming bossy, particular, and so afectionate. She makes all sorts of soft little noises that I had no idea rabbits made. We are getting to know each other better each day. I am so happy to be a bunny slave.

MiniLopHop wrote:
Becky is coming out of her shell. She is becoming bossy, particular, and so afectionate. She makes all sorts of soft little noises that I had no idea rabbits made. We are getting to know each other better each day. I am so happy to be a bunny slave.
She sounds quiet 'vocal'. I've not heard most little cute noises they can make, but I've heard a few..;)

MiniLopHop wrote:
Yah it drives me crazy when people spell it with an "i".

Rebecca is turning into quite the little baby:

14135_021843_090000000.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to post the photos larger? I upload them to the gallery and then pull them over. Is there a better way? Thanks

Here is her house and play pen, complete with cat:

14135_021800_080000004.jpg

Latest posts

Back