New Bunny Possibly on the Way

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleysmom

Reaction score
Well, that's it... I'm done for. I've caught the bunny fever. There's no cure, only a lifetime of servitude to the bunny cause.

It's very likely that within a couple weeks this handsome boy will be coming to join our family.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13905785

I'm thinking about naming him either Ryley (which means meadow, which is what Ainsley means)or Asher (which means blessed, lucky). With him being bigger, I'm probably going to make a NIC cage for him, or buy one I found that's 22 in x 47 in. If I build an NIC cage, what bedding do I use? That would be a lot of Carefresh or Aspen or whatever to clean every few days.

Any idea as to what breed he is? They claim he's an American, but only guess him to be 6 pounds.

What a cool classroom that would have been to have a bunny classmate haha.. shame he became a bit neglected since but it sounds as though he hasn't been too traumatised by the experience of being with a bunch of kids.

He sounds like a sweetie! He might be relaxed and laid back like my boy who came from an animal nursery. nothing bothers him.

I think he suits either of the names Asher or Ryley :)

edit: sorry I don't know the answers to your questions.

I just found out my adoption inquiry has been approved through the shelter. All I need now is my parents approval, but that shouldn't be too difficult lol.

Hi Jenny, what a cutie he is.

Do you not use a litter pan? I use the wood stove pellets (very inexpesive) and much easier to clean up. I put a plastic screen ove the litter, pick it uo to discard the poo's and clean out the soiled litter once a day.

Susan:)

id use a litter box with aspen, being nuetered and with the shelter/foster home he probably has some litter training experiance or will learn quickly.

no idea about breed...just a mix

With Ainsley, we use a litterpan...but she doesn't. We're getting her spayed in two weeks, and hopefully that will curb that. So since he's allegedly litterbox trained, I should just use fleece or something in the bottom? And he shouldn't make any mistakes as long as I clean the litterbox frequently?

I use a large-size cat litterbox with an egg crate (fluorescent light) grid. I use carefresh litter under the grid, but there are a lot less expensive litters to use (like wood stove pellets, as Sooska recommended). The grid really extends the time between box changes. My single bun boxes get changed every 4 days and my bonded pair box gets changed every 2 days.

We're getting Ryley on Monday!

Ok... This changes plans a little bit. We went to Feeders Supply to get Ryley a water bottle. Someone had dumped a rabbit there and they were planning on taking him to Animal Control if they couldn't find anyone to take him by Monday. I can almost guarantee he wouldn't get out of there alive. The animal control out here has been known to shoot animals as means of euthanasia. So I snatched him up. I'm upset because I already made plans with the foster mom of Ryley to adopt him on Monday, but my mom won't let me do both. I called and left a message and emailed her. I bet she's mad at me.

I know nothing about Jimbo. I'm pretty sure he's a boy because when I poked around down there, something poked back. I THINK he's 3-4 months old. I'm taking him to the vet on Monday. Neutering is $40. I've already inquired.

Back