New Bunny Owner!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be getting my very first bunny in a few weeks and I'm very excited. I've been researching them every day. So, I was just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice for first time owners.

We'll I just got a bunny yesterday and this is an awesome place! What are they gonna eat? I recommend timothy hay and bunny pellets. Is she/he gonna be inside?

I'll be getting my very first bunny in a few weeks and I'm very excited. I've been researching them every day. So, I was just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice for first time owners.

Is there a bunny that you have already picked out and are waiting to get?

No I'm going to go pick one out when adoption time gets closer and I already have everything set up for him.

Age and size will have to be factored in as to feeding--giant breeds take a year to grow to full size while the smaller ones are full size at six month--growing rabbits need more calcium and protein. Veggies get intro'ed at 4 months. Will need the pertinent info once you have your baby. Shelter bunnies are usually older and may have already been neutered so you can save that expense. They do sometimes come with behavior issues though. Mr Hoppes had been adopted 3 or 4 times and brought back. He was very skittish when we got him, would growl and box (scratch) and would run away and not like any contact. Now, he follows me around, comes when called, loves to be held and loves having his ears, head, and cheeks rubbed--he was going to be euthanized so we took him in, and, it took 3 people driving to get him here from N Calif. Let us know the info on your new bunny and we can give better advice.

Hello! Hopefully I'll be a new bunny owner too. Do you know what breeds you are leaning towards?

Hi There..

New bunny owner myself here.
If this is a rescue place that you are going to get your rabbit then you better be prepared for some possiable behaviour issues.the 2 i have now have some serious malfunctions from where they came from.It's nothing serious for the most part but best to be prepared.That's about the only advice i can give you at this point i am afraid.

Don't let that scare you off that track though,my guys are very happy and exremely loving and thankful i think for having me come along into their lives when i did and i am thankful for them and wouldn't change that for anything :).
I have had them 3 and half weeks and they're not the same rabbits they were when they arrived.It takes time and patience sometimes but the happiness it will bring you to make a difference in an animals life is absolutely priceless.
Adopting a rescue and saving a life is the best thing you can do for a critter waiting for a chance to finally live and be loved like he/she was born to do.
Good Luck finding yoyr new friend(s)...:dutch

Latest posts

Back