new bunny owner : )

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopeG

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Hope and this last weekend I bought my first bunny! I have always wanted a rabbit and so it took me awhile but I finally decided to get one : ) I have a male black tort Holland Lop that I have named Oliver. He was born on 2/27 of this year, so he is a little over 2 months. I plan on getting him neutered soon. He will be an indoor bunny. Well, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello : ) As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will get one up of him :) Hope I can learn new things here about my bunny and make some new friends!

Welcome to you, Hope, & Oliver too. You will find useful information in the library section, as well as from recent [& not-so-recent] posts.

As to neutering, some vets won't do it until 6 months. You might also keep in mind that it's possible you won't want to neuter him. Female rabbits live longer if spayed, but males don't necessarily, so if you're sure he's never going to have a female in his life & if he & you are lucky in that he goes through puberty calmly, he wouldn't need neutering. However, most males do get hormonal enough that the owners get them fixed.

Welcome Hope and Oliver
Hope to see some pics of Oliver
We got our first bunny, Dilly in January, she was around 2 when we got her. It's work but you will enjoy every day that you spend with Oliver, bunnies are great and it's special when you start to bond togeher and start up your relationship.
Good luck

HopeG wrote:
As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will get one up of him :) Hope I can learn new things here about my bunny and make some new friends!
Welcome to RO! I'm sure you'll like it here.

The easiest way to post photos is to use the RO Gallery. You can find information on how to use the gallery in this thread in the How To forum.

If you have any questions or need help on photography, we also have a Camera Corner forum for just that.

I use tinypic.com for photos. It's so strange that we both have black tort Holland lops that are only 2 days apart isn't it? Lol. Good luck in the forums. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here to help with any question you may have.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! I have posted pics in another thread if anyone is interested : ) Stitchlover: that is curious lol, they are both boys, same kind and close birthdays, how neat hahaha : )

Latest posts

Back