New bunny...i dont know her breed. HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
i got a new bunny!! This is my second. Any ideas on what breed she is? And what do you call her color?

5I65H65J13Mf3J43o7c1235e4ccbe12501601.jpg

Shes about 4 pounds...she half is the size of olivia (olivia is a standard rex)...ill try to get some more pics. Im trying to let her adapt to her surroundings a little bit before i start messing with her

As soon as I can get a good pic of her I will post it. I actually just looked at her paperwork and she is a Dutch...The people i got her from bought her from a breeder. I guess I should read stuff more thoroughly lol

I don't think she's a purebred Dutch though. With blue eyes she would be called a "Vienna marked" and I would hesitantly agree with "Vienna marked harlequin". Strange combination though, I've never seen it before.

I dont know if I quite trust the breeder the people got her from. The girl I got her from said the woman has all kinds of rabbits and you never which rabbits get together. She said there is some really bad breeding going on there. She said the place is very dirty and that was why she got this rabbit. She felt bad for her. But she had to get rid of her because she just didnt know how to take care of her. So im glad i got my hands on her. She will live a happy life with me :)

Yes...unfortunately a common misconception that just because a rabbit comes from a breeder it must be purebred. Sigh...

Good for you for taking her in though! I hope with some more photos and more education opinions we can tell you what she is. Aside from cute, of course.

Well, everyone, I am sorry to announce, and am very upset. but i had to take Jessie to the vet a little while ago. She had Snuffles and the vet said it would be best to put her down, especially since i have another rabbit. I am extremely upset about this. I was hoping I could give her a good home, but I guess I didnt make it in time :sad::rip::in tears::bawl:

She suggested putting her to sleep because the Snuffles was so advanced. It was obvious that she had it for awhile. There was really nothing they could do for her. The vet said she would be surprised if she made it another night.

If the snuffles was that advanced, she had pneumonia, that too could have been treated with an antibiotic. Snuffles however is quite contagious and NOT 100% curable. A rabbit will be a carrier for its lifetime even if you get it to clear up, it can flare again at any time, usually at any sign of stress.
I am sorry that the vet told you to put her down, but you thought right about having another rabbit.

Back