New Bunny Added To The Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookieKing

Reaction score
We went to the animal shelter where we got our cat Shadow from tonight to pick up our new bunny. She's marked as an American breed that's 1 year and 8 months, spayed and microchipped by the shelter. She was dropped off at the shelter almost a year ago because her owners were moving and couldn't take her with them. Because she was at the shelter so long she was free to adopt. Her name is Tasha but we think we're gonna give her a new name. I'll update you on her new name along with some new pictures later.

Picture of Tasha that the shelter took-
bunny.jpg

I like that name. I wouldn't name my kid that, but I think it suits her. I think if she knows her name already, it's best to keep it also to avoid confusion, but do what you want! She's so pretty!

How crazy that nobody adopted her in a year... she is very pretty, and I like the white 'tornado' as the person above called it.

Have fun bonding with the new member of your family :)

Names that we've liked so far are Ayame, Mitsuki, Harumi, and Yuri but we're still searching. I use the baby name websites for ideas and there are so many names on there to pick from. @_@ We are trying to find one that's not so common over here and has meaning behind it.

She's lovely. she seems to like the camera too. that second photo is like "take the shot now, come on, this is my best side" haha

Mitsuki sounds Japanese... what does it mean?

KookieKing wrote:
Yes it is Japanese the website said it's meaning is "Beautiful Moon"
That's cool.... nice choice.

I tend to recognise Japanese after studying it for almost all of my school years haha

SunnyCait wrote:
Awww she's very sweet!

I would have named her Dorothy... Get it, tornado marking, Wizard of Oz? :p
I was looking around for a name that had the meaning tornado or wind but none of those names really seemed to suit her. : (

pla725 wrote:
I've seen her on the AWA site. I love the funky Y on her chest. She looks part dwarf.
Her paper work says American but she could be.

I was talking to the "bunny expert" over at the shelter about what they fed her because she wasn't interested in any of the food I was giving her. What they feed her made her overweight. What is a good bunny diet to get her weight down?

Back