New Bunny!!! ^_^

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaKo918

Reaction score
... Her name, is Susanna ^_^. She's a beautiful honey color. (I'm so tempted to call her *honey bunny* ^_^.)

She's a little skiddish, but she is sweet as can be ^_^. She's about 5 or 6 years old.

I'm not exactly sure on her breed... exactly o_O... but she's a lop eared o_O.

lmso, Vader really has the hotts for her ^_^.

Here's a picture of her ^_^.

Shaina054.jpg

Shaina055.jpg

Aww, congratulations!:elephant: She is a very very cute little girl!:DBeautiful colouring.

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Aww Susanna is beautiful!,i love that cute little face!

That's great that Vader likes her!

cheryl

Was just wondering if you are going to try to bond Susanna to Vader and Thumper or is she going to be kept seperated?

Susanna is one lucky girl ;)

cheryl

Well, Vader really likes her, and Thumper... well he doesn't really care.

We've already introduced Vader to her, and you can probably guess whathappened ^_^. (My little Vader tater is all grown up *sniff* U_U)

I would like to breed the two, but I need to read a little more about breeding rabbits first O_O.

Any advice would be great ^_^.

What a sweetie pie! I love that little face of hers! So kissable :).

I'm guessing you were implying Vader mounted Susanna? Are they both not fixed?

I would not suggest breeding a doe atthat age, as thepregnancy is very risky and dangerous. Especially for a first litter(Has she been bred before?) with a doe that old, I would notsuggest it.IMO, I would not breed a pet rabbit that youare close to without a goal to improve the breed, there are just toomany risks.

:yeahthat

Many breeders don't recommend breeding a doe for the first time ifshe's older than one year. And they often retire does around4-5 years of age because they start getting more birth/pregnancycomplications.

If Vader mounted her, do bring her to a vet soon to see if she'spregnant. It might be better for her to be spayed than to gothrough a pregnancy. Also keep in mind that rabbits have beenknown to mate through cage bars, so you can't let them get next to eachother even with a cage in between them.

I'd recommend getting your boys neutered, and Susanna neutered if yourvet thinks it's safe (do blood work, etc as risks for surgery increasewith age). It's generally not a good idea to breed petrabbits as there can be a lot of heartbreak involved. And ifyou want to breed, it should be with purebred, show qualityrabbits.

She is beautiful though, and congrats!

Thanks you guys! ^_^

And she has be bred before. The woman we got her from said she was avery good mommy too, none of her babies died, and they were allgorgeous.

I haven't put them together since Vader mounted her. I was going to wait to see what you guys said. Once again thank you.

And are you guys serious about the mating throught the cage!?!? O_OBecause our bunniesare outdoor bunnies, eventhough the spendthe majority of their time inside, and they have this one big hutchthat's divided into two. So the only thing between the boys and her ismetal wire and wood. I never really see her spending enough time aroundthe back though, she's usually burried within the hay or eating. I'mstill worried though.

One more thing. If I were to fix the boys, would their personalities change? o_O I would really hate it if they did *sniff* O_O.

Will, considering that she's been mounted, my guess would be she's pregnant. It only takes a split second for it to happen.

Yes, tricky bucks can mate through cage wires.

With neutering, it affects rabbits all differently. Most times it justcalms them down a bit, doesn't affect their personality much at all.

Latest posts

Back