New Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublinperky

Reaction score
I am so excited! I just got my 3 Californain Rabbits today. I had to drive an hour and a half! It was definatlly worth it though. I got two does and a buck. (Don't worry they will be in separate cages) I got them for my new 4-H project. I love them to death already! Their names are Fintan, Miren and Nessa. Nessa and Fintan are forsties. That means they have grayish fur which will grow out to be brilliantlly white. It happens when they are on the top of the litter at birth and it is cold. I am so happy with them so far. I hope none of you mind my braging but they are so good. All of them alredy let me pet them and they are comfortable with it!!!! I am so pleased! I will put pictures on tommorow when I get them downloaded on my computer. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D YAHHHHH! I am so excited to become a rabbit owner!:bunnydance::bunnybutt:

Fintan! He's curious yet cautious:)

GW763

Nessa is the one on bottom! She is always hiding from the camera!:)
GW763

Miren! She's a cuddle bunny :)
GW763

Hi, Dublinperky! They're gorgeous! I want to snuggle them.:groupparty: Maybe you could line the entire floor of their cage? They could get sore hocks from the wires, and also, my rabbit doesn't like it when he can see through a his flooring. It upsets his balance. It was the same with my other rabbit, too. I imagine it's the same for others.

Alot of people use wire bottom cages sucsefully so they should be fine, just check they're hocks (backs of feet) often to make sure they dont get sore and watch they dont catch they're nails in the mesh. I second the thing on some rabbits not liking seeing through the floor ( I think its the height more then anything).

PS. Do they have a box/hidey to hide away/sleep in?
PPS. I though the buck wasn't going to live with the does or am I getting confused? lol

please explain to me how they are used in a 'project' :S

They do have hide away. The buck is only living with the does for today. But don't worry they are only two months. They won't even be able to breed until 3 or 4 months! Anyway all of them will have separate cages tommorow!

j0292 wrote:
please explain to me how they are used in a 'project' :S

A "4-H Project" refers to the animal or something else thatyou exhibit. I show rabbits in 4-H and sheep and probably my horse next year, and they're reffered to as 4-H projects as well.

Tailof2rabbits, what do you mean when you say "You've got to be kidding me."???

Emily

Latest posts

Back