New bunbun scared

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbbyc

Reaction score
Hi, so I’ve had my first bun (Astro) for about 6months and decided with my new job to get him a brother to keep him company while I work. First day they met it was a little tense Astro wondering who and why and my new bun Sunny wondering where what and why. But by day two to now one week they’ve been inseparable yay. My thing is tho Sunny seems to love and adore Astro but he’s scared of me 😞. Idk what to do I tried grooming and treats but he wants nothing to do with me he would come up and sniff my feet sometimes run around them but as soon as my hands come near he runs😩

Are they both neutered? If not, keep them separated until 8 weeks after the last one is neutered or you risk a fight. It's only been one week, that is nothing in terms of the time it takes to bond with most new bunnies. Don't touch him at all for now, just spend as much time as you can lying or sitting on the floor near him.

Agreed with @Diane R you can’t just throw two bunnies together and hope it works out. Did you go through the steps of bonding?

yes they both are neutered I adopted both from the same humane shelter I did the bonding process step by step but when I try separating them they push the play pens together and lay with one another. Astro won’t do nothing but stay next to Sunny and when they both are out Astro would lay down and Sunny would run up to get groomed they flopp with one another and all. I put Sunny in the play pen because he a tinkle accident on my bed and Astro wouldn’t leave his side through the play pen they kept grooming one another. Only time they “fought” was the first day they’ve yet to fight since and when I separated them they both thump at me sooooo idk she I keep them separate still?

I didn’t just throw them with one another they chose to stay with one another they’ve been fine Sunny was skiddish towards MY hand but after last night he runs up to my hand for pets

Some rabbits just take a lot longer to feel comfortable with their human. As mentioned, try to not pet him when he approaches. That'll just teach him to stay away. Give him more time. If he approaches you out of curiosity while you are sitting in his area, just ignore him. This will show him that you are not to be feared and are "safe." In time, you'll be able to hand-feed some cilantro and work your way up to a couple pettings. Take your time.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html

yea Ik I only give em fruits if we have em which is sadly rare if my little sisters get to em first.

yea now he lays next to me on the bed but tense up when I move but he’s not running no more so progress and I think sunny seeing how comfortable Astro is with me helps

yea now he lays next to me on the bed but tense up when I move but he’s not running no more so progress and I think sunny seeing how comfortable Astro is with me helps
This is still the same with me, and i've had my bunnies for over a year. They will come up on my bed and my lap, but they hate the noise of my comforter. So when ever I move they dash away! Its all about your bunnies personality and what scares them. :)

This is still the same with me, and i've had my bunnies for over a year. They will come up on my bed and my lap, but they hate the noise of my comforter. So when ever I move they dash away! Its all about your bunnies personality and what scares them. :)
Yeah I’m starting to think it must just be him cause he finally did binkies ❤️ And lays near my tummy or head

Latest posts

Back