New Bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madisonl702

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1413149731.710090.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1413149771.300659.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1413149809.139345.jpg New bun! Not named yet, but I have a lot of ideas. I got from when my mom had rabbits and they got out. They bred and generations of generations later, bunny! He/she is probably 2-3 weeks old. I'm feeding the bunny goat milk. Is anyone against catching a little bunny that's not orphaned? It's very nice already and I've only had it for 3 days. Give me your opinion!

Wow did you catch him from the wild ?

He/she ran under a broken down lawn mower. I reached under and picked up a ball of fluff. :)

that doesnt look like a wild rabbit. Is he/she maybe a domestic rabbit that had been let loose?

Yeah. My mom let go of hers and they bred and those ones bred and etc. they're inbred but, it's not his/her fault.

Oh it's lucky that a domestic rabbit survived wow

Can you not tell the sex yet if u send a pic of parts I may be able to tell for u

She looks about 4-5 weeks to me if you go on you tube it will show you how to look 🐰

My bunny looks smaller than this or close to the same size and mine is 7 weeks :)

Really? Then why won't it eat pellets? I caught it outside tho so maybe that makes a difference...

Your rabbit looks like it is part lionhead.

No it is not 2-3 weeks old. A 2 week old bunny is just starting to open its eyes and three weeks is still drinking from mom but has lots of baby bunny characteristics which yours doesnt. Its body is longer and hair is long as well. Id guess the age at about 4-6 weeks of age. You can start offering pellets but since you have been giving milk you shouldnt completely stop. Also offer plenty of hay (timothy would be fine unless the pellets you are feeding dont hve alfalfa in them. If your pellets are timothy based then give alfalfa hay.

Also you can sex at any time. I even try at day 1 and am not doing too bad at sex determination. I double check when they are two weeks and then again at 4-5 weeks just to make sure. It all depends on how experienced you are

Ok thanks:) I thought he/she was part lion head but I wasn't sure. I checked and I think it's a boy. I'll look it up.

Latest posts

Back