New Bun Owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaoticness

Reaction score
Hello, I kinda got lost around here but quickly found my way. I am a first time bunny owner but have taken time to do research and ask questions. I own a beautiful lil 8 week old Holland Lop, while I was unsure what rabbit I really wanted I ended up falling in love with a litter off a craigslist ad. While I overall feel like I should've gone to a rescue or shelter I chose a breeder in my area. I currently own a betta fish, 2 hamsters, and my little bun bun. I've own guinea pigs in the past and have a familiarity with small animals needing those huge cages with lots of space.
All I ask is please be patient with me while I learn the ropes, I already am contacting a vet tomorrow to get my lil guy set up for a pet file and an appointment for a general check up. My lil guy is currently in a 'small' cage(as it's only temporary[roughly 47in width] and he has a new one being ordered)

Welcome! Congrats on your new bun. You are in for a wild ride! Rabbits are amazing little creatures. When I got my first rabbit I had no idea. It’s not like a pet at all; more like a roommate!
The only thing I can see to advise you on at this point is the vet. I’d recommend an exotics vet. That may sound over the top, but regular vets focus on dogs and cats. They are trained little, if at all, in rabbit care. Some medicines for dogs and cats are even deadly for rabbits. Finding an exotic vet can be tough but it’s worth it. They are fully trained in rabbits.
Congratulations again on your new bun!

Welcome! Congrats on your new bun. You are in for a wild ride! Rabbits are amazing little creatures. When I got my first rabbit I had no idea. It’s not like a pet at all; more like a roommate!
The only thing I can see to advise you on at this point is the vet. I’d recommend an exotics vet. That may sound over the top, but regular vets focus on dogs and cats. They are trained little, if at all, in rabbit care. Some medicines for dogs and cats are even deadly for rabbits. Finding an exotic vet can be tough but it’s worth it. They are fully trained in rabbits.
Congratulations again on your new bun!
Literally the first thing I did was locate a vet to take my guy too. He goes to the vet next year and I plan to ask a whole lot of questions. The vet that does rabbit surgeries are out for maternity leave and I told them it was fine he's ways away from being neutered and if that vet was still out I'm sure they could recommend me to another one.

Latest posts

Back