New Bonding Cage Finished!!!***

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madalynster

Reaction score
Hey Everybody, after Charlie grew into his hormonal stage, I was really sad because him and Desmond had been such a sweet little bonded pair. But with all the hormones I had to separate them and after a month of them separated & Charlie getting fixed, I don't see them even wanting to be bonded again. So I decided to build them a cage that they could both have their own space(condo):) but still be close to each other and hopefully be bonded again sometime in the future.

With these hopes I built this cage with a removable door between the floors so that if they ever do become best buds again, I can open the door for good :)

2012-02-11_2002.jpg

2012-02-11_2003.jpg

Desmond's Floor
dlfkjgeoriut.jpg

Charlie's Floor :) He gets the top bunk

dkfgjd.jpg

Just thought I would throw in some cute pics of Charlie :) He just laid on the bed while Desmond investigated his part of the cage.
2012-02-08_0003.jpg

I have much better pics of the cage on my other camera, I will try to put them up later.

Hope you all enjoy these, I got all the ideas for this cage from several different discussions and people on this forum!

Thanks everyone!!:p

It looks good.

Two things

1. Do they each have a door that opens their area of the cage? I'm asking because is it safe to have both open at the same time. You wouldn't want them to get at each other if they fight.

2. Do you put like a blanket or something on the door for when Desmond comes out so he doesn't get his little feet caught in the wire?

I think I'm to anal sometimes when it comes to bunnies, but I don;'t want them to hurt themselves.

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
It looks good. 

Two things

1. Do they each have a door that opens their area of the cage?  I'm asking because is it safe to have both open at the same time.   You wouldn't want them to get at each other if they fight.

2. Do you put like a blanket or something on the door for when Desmond comes out so he doesn't get his little feet caught in the wire?

I think I'm to anal sometimes when it comes to bunnies, but I don;'t want them to hurt themselves.

Susan:)

Hi Susan,

Yes, Desmond always has a little towel to walk into the cage, and since they are always separated it is usually Desmond who jumps on into the cage for nighttime first and then Charlie who is just a cuddle-bug, usually gets put into the cage by me, that's why I have the top that can open and the front door is really just for Desmond because he likes to walk in himself. :)

And thanks everyone! Right now I have a pretty good set up, because they are both pretty well trained and the house is completely bun proof, during the day Charlie gets full rein of the bathroom, while Desmond's gets most of the rest of the house, when I come home from work they switch and I play with them separately. But at night I can already tell they enjoy being in the same cage even though they are separated, they always lay in the same positions and since they can't see each other they just hear and smell each other :)

Back