New baby doe or buck best?? BONDING question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibbyZ

Reaction score
I have an amazing, goofy, fun, loving 9 mos old, spayed Holland Lop, named Bentley, or "B" as we call her.

I am getting an Eng Lop. Currently there is a doe and a buck available from a local breeder. I am leaning towards the buck because of everything I have read with doe:buck bondings be higher success rate, etc.

Regardless of sex, the bunny will be altered as soon as possible. Must I wait for the new bun bun to be altered before any sort of time together, whether outdoors in the garden, patio, indoors with baby gates between them etc?

Please give me some insight into personal experiences, opinions, etc. Thank you!

does are very territorial so any rabbit will be hard to intergrate so as you can imagine buck is the best option as bucks dont give a cr*p who they are with especially if it is a ladieee

The way to virtually insure bonding is to let your current rabbit pick out a companion, one that is already spayed if possible. I wouldn't want my girl with an unaltered buck who was mounting anything & everything 24/7. So I wouldn't put them together until the new one is altered.

Latest posts

Back