New baby Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclairemom

Reaction score
It's official I'm a new bunny mom again. Picked up my little girl ND yesterday. Poor baby she seems so scared, I have one of those hay tubes in her cage and she pretty much stays hidden in it so far. Well actually she puts her head in and leave her hind end out trying to be invisible bunny and not being very good at it. I have her in my office, how long before Scamper can come in and visit her while she is in her cage? I'll post some pictures as soon as she is feeling more at ease here. But in the mean time here is one from when she was a baby at the breeders. Oh and it was baby bunnies everywhere she had 4 litters, one of the ND's had 7 yes 7 babies.

annabelleorangedoe2.jpg

Congratulations! Love the "invisible" bunny comment. If they can't see you, they think they are truly invisible. lol

I'd wait about two weeks before introducing Scamper. Let the little one settle into the routine of the house. Let her get her bearings first and start gaining your trust. Then I think she won't be so skittish meeting Scamper. Less stressful.

This is how we did it here with Willard, Luna and Neville. Everything worked out just fine.

K:)

Awww so precious. :biggrin2:I love how they think they can't be seen when doing something like that. Lol. My cat does that with the curtain... Except it's shear... Lol.

I also keep newcomers away for about 2 weeks to be sure they don't have any health issues and can bond with them myself first so they can trust me. :)

Latest posts

Back