New Baby Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
My sister got a bunny today. Looks like your all-American rabbit to me.
They don't know what age it is, but here are a couple photos.
Tell me what you think and let me know if you need different poses to guess from. :)

bunny1.jpg

bunny2.jpg

Could be just about anything. It'll be easier to tell once it gets a little older. Right now it resembles a very young New Zealand (white mixed with red or black NZ commonly produces chestnut agouti).

Could just be a Heinz 57. What ever it may be, it is for certain adorable :inlove:

Pam

Hard to guess without knowing the age.It could fit into the realm of a 4 week old New Zealand, or could be aslightly older bunny of a smaller breed.

Here are some photos of young New Zealands:

http://www.clatskanie.com/cd/

(As I stated before though, very hard to venture a guess of any accuracyuntil the bunny is older).

Pam

They bought it with the idea that it would be a small rabbit. As soon as I saw those ears, though, I told her she's probably in for an Elf-Sized bun. If it is a New Zealand mix then perhaps I was right. I told her it's probably a better bet to have a bigger bun anyway, because she has a six and four year old. I'm already giving her more advice than she can handle (she didn't talk to me BEFORE she got the rabbit) and I'm hoping that she watches Beauty VERY carefully around the boys.

Thanks you for all your help. Beauty passed away yesterday. She was probably taken away too young. My two young boys and I cried. She will be missed even if we didn 't have her for very long.

So sorry, ElfMommy ! :( When my black otter netherland dwarf passed away, it was still sad even though we'd only had her for a few months. She was very gentle and would chew on your clothes while being held.

Hope you can find another to help with healing ! :rainbow:

Kadish Tolesa :pink iris:

Latest posts

Back