New Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybug15

Reaction score
:(Hi. I'm worried about one of my MiniRex does.She has had two liters since I've gotten her, thefirst was a tragedy.The breeder I bought her from neglectedto tell me that she was pregnant, and she had them on the wire and theydied. We waited about one month to try to breed her again. I'm afraidthis was too soon to do so. She just had another liter on Monday. Shehad three and two have died.The one that is left looks prettyhealthy.Is three a low number for this breed?Howlong should iwait to breed her again, or should I just keepher as a pet? Please Help!:shock:

-Jay

I'm sorry I don't have any advice as to what todo for these babies (other people on the forum will be able to help),but I will recommend you get this bunny spayed. It simply isn't worthit to risk her health and the lives of her kits. Get her spayed, keepher as a pet - you'll both be happier.

Hi Jaybug,

I believe the average litter sizes for Mini-Rex's is 3-6 or morebabies. If babies are born on the wire, the does usuallywon't take care of them. You'd need to place them in thenest. Also, best to trim their nailsbefore the babies are born so they don't puncture the littleones. Mini Rex's are usually good mothers, but of course,you'll have to keep an eye on them. A mini rex breeder hadtold me at one point that sometimes if there are too few kits, the kitsmay grow and be difficult for the doe do deliver.

No one can tell you whether to go ahead and breed her or not, but personally I'd give her a breather.

-Carolyn

Three is a small litter for a mini rex.theyusually have six or eight ,waiting a month to breed is not to soonunless the doe is in poor condition.bluebird

Latest posts

Back