new AFL litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheandg

Reaction score
Much better outcome today....my fuzzy lop lost her litter of 2 yesterday but Vivien had 6 kits about an hour ago. She had 6 her first litter and 6 again so proud of her!;)

Looks like 2 REW's again and not even going to venture a guess on the other 4 for about a week but anyone who wants to throw out a guess that would be great. Dad is a chestnut and mom is a broken black but her black isn;t really a dark black so maybe she isn't??? Her last litter she had 2 REW's, chin, broken opal, broken black, and a blue.......there were 4 bucks and 2 does so I'm hoping that ratio flipped around this time with more does.....wishful thinking now they probably all turn out to be bucks...just my luck

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

I have a question. I bred 4 does this time 2 didn't take one lost her litter and one had hers so now I don't have a backup foster mom incase something goes awry so I gave the one that lost her 2 yesterday 2 from this litter so she can learn to take care of them and then I have 2 moms with milk incase something happens. Does that sound like a good plan? I will keep a close eye on the 2 she has to make sure she is taking care of them.....

As long as the doe that lost the litter has milk, and is willing to care for them, it's a good plan! Keep an eye on them, make sure they look fed and hydrated. It's good for her to raise a litter, and it's great if you have a back-up lactating doe...

Back